Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1L Summer Jobs in Government  (Read 902 times)

fincavigia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
1L Summer Jobs in Government
« on: April 02, 2006, 09:35:36 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am going to Georgetown this Fall and I would like to work in DC in some sort of government job for my 1L summer. Does anyone have experience with anything like this or know what some common options are?

Thanks.

LoverOfWomen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 1L Summer Jobs in Government
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 11:31:34 PM »
I did biglaw.  Sorry.

Villus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 02:56:12 PM »
Don't be sorry, we all understand your deficiencies as a person and a lawyer.

LoverOfWomen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 03:38:55 AM »
Don't be sorry, we all understand your deficiencies as a person and a lawyer.

Not a lawyer yet, but thanks for your concern.  Having excess money is such a burden you know.  ;)

gcoswaltiii

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 02:32:46 PM »
Working in DC is great and it is a wonderful experience to see how the world and our government work.  I am working there this summer and am very excited about it.  You need to be sure to have your applications in early.  I believe the CIA begins looking in early October and the rest have deadlines in and around February.  I am working for NSA and I am so excited about it.  I am hoping that I can use some of their software to find out directly where this so called “lover of women” is and have him taken care of.  I have two other classmates that are working for the judiciary committee on the Hill.   

Oh yea…Lover of Women…As far as the excess money goes, I worked on Wall Street for a few years after college and you will be a little fish in a big pond next to those boys.  Get ready to write briefs and memos for 70 hours a week and still not afford the Jitney Bus to the Hamptons or get any girl to look your way…you are such a loser. 

LoverOfWomen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 08:39:31 AM »
Working in DC is great and it is a wonderful experience to see how the world and our government work.  I am working there this summer and am very excited about it.  You need to be sure to have your applications in early.  I believe the CIA begins looking in early October and the rest have deadlines in and around February.  I am working for NSA and I am so excited about it.  I am hoping that I can use some of their software to find out directly where this so called “lover of women” is and have him taken care of.  I have two other classmates that are working for the judiciary committee on the Hill.   

Oh yea…Lover of Women…As far as the excess money goes, I worked on Wall Street for a few years after college and you will be a little fish in a big pond next to those boys.  Get ready to write briefs and memos for 70 hours a week and still not afford the Jitney Bus to the Hamptons or get any girl to look your way…you are such a loser. 

I'm already quite comfortable in terms of income.  But thanks for your concern.

Villus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 12:13:50 PM »
I'm actually quite comfortable in terms of money too, but that doesn't mean I go around making silly comments that have nothing to do with people's questions. It reflects poorly on us people who are quite comfortable in terms of money.