Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2009, What drew you in?  (Read 2647 times)

Tam3784

• View Profile
Class of 2009, What drew you in?
« on: March 30, 2006, 10:38:46 AM »
I'm hoping to get a survey of responses on the following questions, so feel free to comment as much as you like.  The results should be interesting for everyone.
What about Syracuse appeals to you?  Why do you want to go there?  What is it about the school?

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Class of 2009, What drew you in?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 04:41:44 PM »
What about Syracuse appeals to you?

I only applied to Syracuse to please my mother, who went there for undergrad. But then I got in with a sizable scholarship and figured it would be stupid if I didn't visit. So I went for a quick visit and for some reason just loved the school. The buildings were average, and the city is nothing too exciting. But I could picture myself spending three years there.

The cost of living is a major factor, too.

Despite Syracuse's fall in the rankings, the school seems to have a pretty good reputation. I don't want to work for a big firm, or even in a big city necessarily (I am NOT a city girl!), so while the drop in rankings makes me sad I am not worried about my job prospects. I think that if you make yourself stand out while at law school with internships, moot court, or whatever, you should be able to get a decent job. Of course what one person considers a decent job someone else might belittle. I want to have a higher standard of living than I have now, and I want to enjoy my job.