Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Procrastinators Unite!  (Read 1273 times)

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
Procrastinators Unite!
« on: March 29, 2006, 10:17:39 PM »
Exams are coming up in about a month!  What are you doing on this message board?

Since I know many people are spending a lot of time finding anything to do lately but outline, study, etc., what is your biggest weakness?  I guess we can assume playing on the internet is a given, but are you cleaning your kitchen?  Organizing your DVDs? Rearranging your furniture? Playing video games? ...
"What is Legal?  What is Illegal?  What is 'Barely Legal'?"  - Ali G

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Procrastinators Unite!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 10:22:30 PM »
watching sports on tv (the lady terps in the final four!), jacking off, probably other things.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:26:22 PM »
hahhaah yeah

jerking off left right and center

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:37:25 PM »
I'll mark you guys down with LoverOfWomen then.  Here at LSU, this damn tournament has been one real pain in the ass distraction! 

Can't wait till Saturday though!

And speaking of the women, ours are in the final four again as usual.  But we're talking national championship here on the mens side!  And you want me to debate whether congress can delegate a legislative act to the executive branch under Article I?

LoverOfWomen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 01:19:19 AM »
My current distraction:

[image removed]

Masturbation is a lot of fun, but the women I've been hooking up with lately have also been quite the insatiable sexpots!

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 01:40:01 AM »
but the women I've been hooking up with lately have also been quite the insatiable sexpots!

Oh my god.

Did you just post: "but the women I've been hoooking up with lately have also been quite the insatiable sexpots!"... to strangers... on a message board?  That actually made me nauseous.

I think I finally understand you now.  You're not just confused or tasteless.  You are a very special idiot.  To be sure, all of your imaginary friends here in cyberspace wish you happy hunting and more future triumphs in your sexual adventures.

LoverOfWomen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 01:54:40 AM »
but the women I've been hooking up with lately have also been quite the insatiable sexpots!

Oh my god.

Did you just post: "but the women I've been hoooking up with lately have also been quite the insatiable sexpots!"... to strangers... on a message board?  That actually made me nauseous.

I think I finally understand you now.  You're not just confused or tasteless.  You are a very special idiot.  To be sure, all of your imaginary friends here in cyberspace wish you happy hunting and more future triumphs in your sexual adventures.

Actually, I only used two o's in spelling hooking up.  As to discussing the sexual appetites of anonymous women I am seeing:

1) I didn't reveal their identities; no harm done.

2) The relationships were casual and purely physical; no harm done.

3) It was an offhand observation about my occupations lately, which was perfectly in keeping with the topic of this thread.  Other posters noted that they have been masturbating lately; you had no scolding words for them.  I suppose you only become angry when sexuality extends beyond one person? 

4) I doubt anyone here is imaginary, nor do I pretend any of you are my friends. 

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 02:24:15 AM »
" 2) The relationships were casual and purely physical; no harm done.

WTF. I know that you've been taking a lot of heat lately for your other posts, but you had to know that that post would get you a male bashing.

Purely physical/casual relationships are only great for men and do cause harm to the woman. Yes woman can be stupid and sleep w/ sleezy men b/c they're drunk, in which case that is no sexual conquest but a jackpot. However, if you are referring to sober-sex, you are very mistaken. 99.99% of women want a committed relationship. Women will sleep w/ you on a friends w/ benefits scheme but only b/c they are secretly hoping that it will turn into something more. Bottomline: Casual sex is never a good idea if you actually care about the other person's emotions.

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 02:30:52 AM »
Your knack for missing the point is incredible.  I don't care who you have sex with.  That's the point.  No one does.

Most people would not post something like that on a message board.  But like I said, you are special.  You see it raises questions about why you would want people to have this wonderful little nugget of information.  When you blast through commonly shared subtleties of good taste in such a  way, it screams "deliberate effort" whether you realize/care or not.  You do not get to choose the impression your words make.  You can only choose your words.  When you try to "casually" slip info about your sexual odysseys into unrelated conversations it will ALWAYS sound like you are desperately insecure and trying very hard. ALWAYS. Since you obviously must know that no one here cares who you sleep with, what is it you are trying to justify by decribing the sexual appetite of some chick you bagged?  Do you not understand how stupid you sound?  Do you want validation? Are you aware that it sounds like you are making it up, even if you aren't?  ... ah forget it.  I can't believe I'm still responding to this.  You get under my skin somehow.

I don't know if you don't know these things or if you are oblivious to conversational tact.  Nothing that you said was in the least bit offensive.  It was pathetic.  See if you can figure it out.

LoverOfWomen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 02:35:53 AM »
" 2) The relationships were casual and purely physical; no harm done.

WTF. I know that you've been taking a lot of heat lately for your other posts, but you had to know that that post would get you a male bashing.

Purely physical/casual relationships are only great for men and do cause harm to the woman. Yes woman can be stupid and sleep w/ sleezy men b/c they're drunk, in which case that is no sexual conquest but a jackpot. However, if you are referring to sober-sex, you are very mistaken. 99.99% of women want a committed relationship. Women will sleep w/ you on a friends w/ benefits scheme but only b/c they are secretly hoping that it will turn into something more. Bottomline: Casual sex is never a good idea if you actually care about the other person's emotions.

Nice to know that 57.2% of statistics are still made up.  Your view of gender relations seems to me a very skewed one; assuming that only men have sexual appetites while only women care about relationships undergirds most of the problems of inequality to which you allude.  A sexually liberated woman can learn to enjoy physical relationships just as much as the stereotypical man should.  In any case, the focus is on pleasure.  When I have sex with a woman, we have a very honest communication about what we find mutually pleasurable.  This exchange of pleasure certainly constitutes an emotional component, but not as "baggage" that might otherwise weigh down the interaction unnecessarily.  The key, of course, is to find a like-minded partner (and they do exist--usually a woman with some aesthetic sensibilities can understand the sharing of pleasure without any other involvement).  I would describe the life philosophy as hedonistic, but it might give the wrong impression to those who don't know Greek.