Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: At Least One Per Year  (Read 9138 times)

beckett

• View Profile
At Least One Per Year
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:54:34 PM »
That's how often this category should be posted in.

I'd love to talk about the school. If anyone's out there.

I've marked this thread to notify, so represent. Come on now.

Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law

• View Profile
Re: At Least One Per Year
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 01:55:57 PM »
bump it!

danderson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:24:57 PM »
I am at a third tier school and want to move back to the new york area.  I am doing well and want to know about my chances at your school.  I have heard great things from other students and want to know if you know anything about tranferring in?

oh

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 02:16:04 PM »
groups.yahoo.com/group/transferapps

beckett

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »
286 reads. 3 replies.

Can't any of you readers take a minute for a post?

coda0092

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 11:05:58 PM »
i'm in

almost 1L

going to the BBQ thing the sunday prior?

beckett

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 12:51:19 AM »
I just talked to the school today. I was told that there will also be a BBQ on Monday and that the Sunday event is not compulsory. I didn't ask them why they were having 2...maybe something to do with PT/FT

They said they were sending out some info today, and that they hoped to have our book requirements for us before orientation.

coda0092

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 01:28:37 AM »
is the first week class?  or is it orientation... all week??  ...  i am a bit ocd about planning.  the books are sort of available--they said on the bookstore website by monday of last week 7/22. some were not there and still aren't.  i ordered the ones they didnt have online as i will be out of town and fear they will be out of new books (again... mildly compulsive about having new books)...

anyhow-- any info about the first week that you could share would be swell.  i assume that they will have a day where we will get id's and perhaps a welcome ... although when i entered my master's program (at a different university) there was none of that.

--

beckett

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 01:52:48 AM »
I believe it will be "Welcome, here's what you need to know," kind of stuff, including some intro to law-type stuff, and maybe some advice on how to handle the pressure and change. I don't think there are to be any classes.

All my books looked like they were listed. I wouldn;t worry about getting stuck with used books. They don't have any. Even for old editions. I did some hunting online to get some deals, and paid less (I do not require new books). I just hope they don't change their minds again (earlier, one of the texts on the university bookstore site was a hornbook. Today, it had been changed, and the required text was a casebook). I spent $400 total. Woulda been a lot less, but I had to buy one of them new. Stinkin new editions. I still have to order a law dictionary, and I better get the LEEWs CDs pronto as well.

coda0092

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 05:21:46 PM »
leew cd's?