Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Attending Franklin Pierce- Class of 2009  (Read 15475 times)

autumn

• View Profile
Re: Attending Franklin Pierce- Class of 2009
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 10:50:17 PM »
I started another thread with a review because I didn't know this one had reviews in it until now! Oh well, haha. I am pretty sure I am going to pick FP over Seton Hall. Unless some other schools come through (they are doubtful) I will probably end up going there, too! I already sent in my seat deposit. I'm also 22 and going to law school straight out of undergrad, for those who asked.

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 11:15:53 PM »
Hey Hurricane and Autumn!

Great to have some more people on the board. Autumn,it's nice to hear that you're almost on board for FP- it's a great school and I think we'll all go far with them. I've gotta look for your review now  :)

Hurricane,
Technology is great. They've got an ample amount of computers for students to use around the school- they had an e-mail center, 2 or 3 computer labs, and computers in the library. They've got tv's/projection screens in most of the classrooms. They have a couple of very modern looking classrooms- especially in the newer wing. The classrooms have the the outlets and network hubs for laptop hookups. They have wireless internet access throughout the entire building. All in all, technology is very good.

With sports, I didn't play anything but I'm a runner and I, too, like that there is a park across the street- when the weather is nice and I want to unwind, I'm glad there a place I can go running. Pierce has a couple of sports teams so you may want to look into joining if sports is your forte.

Definitely send your deposit in tomorrow. I'm a last minute person, so I probably won't send it in until the last second (postmarked April 17th at 6:59pm - the post office closes at 7pm  :P).

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 11:34:13 PM »
Sorry for all the posts but I just came across this article earlier tonight and I wanted to make sure people who were interested in FP saw this:

http://www.resources.piercelaw.edu/releases/IPAmicusClinic.pdf

It's just about their new addition of an IP clinic. I think this will definitely up FP's reputation in IP. Plus it seems like an amazing opportunity. The professor appears to be very esteemed in the IP field. Not a bad thing to have on the resume.

autumn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 12:50:19 AM »
Oh, and about housing...I was told that the online housing guide will be available after you send in your seat deposit!

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 01:17:09 AM »
Thanks Autumn....my ambassador definitely told me the wrong thing then....I guess I'll send in my deposit tomorrow...

jbeans

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 05:07:20 PM »
I sent in my deposit yesterday!  :)  I am still looking for housing as well.  I would like to live closer to the school cuz I'd like to walk, and I live in an apartment complex for undergrad that is about 10 mins from my school and honestly its kind of a pain, especially when I have to go to the library to do work and stuff, so I would def like information on available houses as well as potential roommates.  So glad you all are going to FP!  And if anyone is 21-25 female I am looking for roomies (neat and clean since I am having a really hard time with my current roommmate)

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 06:17:21 PM »
I'm looking for rommies too (I'm 22F)! ;D I just discovered Hillside View apts (http://www.hillsideviewapts.com)...it's a 4min drive to the school (should be reasonable walking distance) and it's only $400/month per person for a 2 bdrm. I just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm going to hold off and take a look at the housing list from FP as I would like to live with at least 2 other people (to help defray cost of utilities)...If anyone aleady has access to the list and can share please do  :).

autumn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 09:30:28 PM »
I am looking for roommates too, preferably some who want to live within close walking distance from the school. I'm not 100% sure on FP yet, but it never hurts to look! Oh, and I'm 22F, in case anyone's interested.  :)

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 09:38:01 PM »
Hey y'all

I finally got access to the housing list and they have some pretty good prospects- I was told the list will be updated every now and then. So for now, I'm just posting to get some lsd roommies on board to live together (since by knowing about this site we're already gunners and as you know gunners=good grades ;)) . Jbeans and I have already talked so now we're looking for more people to come aboard. I was told housing goes quick so I'd like to have something secured by the end of June at the latest. Pm me or post here if you want to live with us lsd folk.  ;D

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 03:23:08 PM »
Hey guys,

So after being the #1 Pierce cheerleader, I'm sad to say that I have decided to withdraw my seat for the class of 2009. After a weekend of hardcore thinking, my reasoning was basically my fear of being at a disadvantage to students with technical undergraduate/graduate degrees. During the online chats, I was told by one of the students that the employers attending OCI's are usually there for students who are patent eligible- others would have to do their own legwork to get noticed by employers and I thought this was a bit unfair. I didn't want to start off with anything going against me and I feel that if I went to Pierce such would be the case. Good luck to everyone who will be at Pierce in the Fall. It is still an AMAZING school in my eyes I just feel I would be better suited elsewhere.

Good luck all.

P.S. sorry jbeans to have to back out of our potential living arrangement- i'm sure you won't have any problems finding a roomie. :)