Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Attending Franklin Pierce- Class of 2009  (Read 15849 times)

jbeans

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Attending Franklin Pierce- Class of 2009
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 09:51:48 PM »
ok, so I have to say that i really enjoyed the open house today.  At first when we pulled up to the school i wasnt very impressed, it didnt look the way i had pictured it in my head.  but it does look like a really quaint neighborhood, i think a lot of the houses must be rented by students because they looked sorta old and not as well kept. that being said, after i walked into the school i was immediately greated by thr admissions staff who were very friendly, as well as the student ambassadors who were very friendly.  the information sessions were very helpful and they said that the students call the professors by their first name and that everyone knows everyone.  It seemed like a very close knit community and i really liked that about it.  The assistant dean went up to everyone and learned their name and had convos with them.The professors were also very nice.  During the faculty panel we had to go around the room an d say what kind of law we wanted to do and after i said art law, one of the profs got really excited and then after the session she came up and talked to me and then went to her office and got some great books for me to look at. for me that really showed me the kind of concern the faculty has for students and how willing they are to help. it really made me certain that i want to go here.

the student panel was also very helpful.  one thing that i liked about this school is that all of the students seemed really down to earth and friendly, which was a huge contrast to some of the other schools i have visited where the students and the faculty are very stuck up and unapproachable.  They also said that although the first year is a lot of work, it is very managable and that you still have time to go out on the weekends and get away from school work.  one of the students said that like every friday night about 50 of the 1L's go hang out at the same bar and i thought that really showed the community aspect and that the students are very social with eachother.  I am prolly forgetting some stuff, but overall it was a very good experience and I am about 99% certain that I am going there so i hope this helps!

oh they also said that during the presidential primaries the candidates come to the school and you always see them around Concord so i thought that was really neat as well.

Pierce Law '09!

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 07:58:47 AM »
haha i'm glad i'm not that only one that was a little turned off on first appearances  :D (i, too, definitely pictured it a bit differently in my head), but as i said, the minute you walk in you're pretty much sold on the school. jbeans, i'm glad you enjoyed the open house! it seems as though you and i had the same thoughts and experiences and are looking for the same things in a law school. hopefully there are others like us who both loved the experience there and are pretty sure they'll be heading there come fall. alright, so hopefully this board can get a little more action outside of you and me, jbeans (not that i don't enjoy hearing your thoughts  :)), cuz I'd really like to "meet" more prospective students.

Pierce '09 baby! (geez, I'm a bit too excited  :P)

jbeans

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 10:22:19 PM »
i know, more people need to reply, im way to excited about going to law school now!  I heart New Hampshire.

linduh21

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 08:46:18 PM »
I will be attending FP in the Fall.  Where are you from jbeans?  Is anyone else here certain about attending FP?  I'm pretty excited about starting in the fall as well!

jbeans

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 09:52:01 AM »
I'm from Massachusetts. you?  I was surprised how many people from far away are going there, but I'm sure they will enjoy our crazy New England weather. :)

linduh21

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 08:25:06 PM »
Oh ok, so you shouldn't have such a hard time with the weather.  I'm from Texas...so it's definitely going to be a challenge for me.  =\

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 08:56:47 PM »
I'm from Westchester, N.Y. and went to school in upstate NY so I'm definitely used to the New England weather  :)...I just thought I'd throw out a question about housing to you guys: where have you been looking? My potential roomy has started to get iffy about FP due to the IP concentration so I'm back to square one in looking at places on my own at the moment (I'm still looking to live with roommates though). I know the school will be sending out housing lists later in May/early June but my ambassador informed me that houses around the school go FAST so it would be wise to secure something fairly early so I'm trying to get a head start but I'm not finding ANYTHING around the school. I've only seen the apartment complexes on Loudon but I don't know if I want to live that "far" from the school especially since there are a ton of houses around the school. If you guys have any resources that you've been using to look at places around town, could you share some of them?

Thanks!

linduh21

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 09:33:37 PM »
I really don't know where to look for housing either.  I've tried the usual...apartmentguide.com and craigslist, but I can't seem to find anything.  With regard to the apartment complexes, are those the ones that are fairly new?  Would you happen to know how far they are from the school?

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 10:11:48 PM »
Yeah the apartment complexes on Loudon are fairly new. Driving, they are about 8 minutes from the school- however, that's on a good day. I drove through the area once and it took about 8 minutes. The second time I drove through it was closer to 15 minutes due to highway traffic (Loudon is perpendicular to like 3 highways) so that may be something to consider. I really liked the look of the apartments and read really good reviews (especially for Salisbury) but the traffic is something I don't know that I want to deal with especially if I'm in a rush to get to class. That's why I wanted to see if there was something within walking distance to the school that anyone knew about so I can look in that direction...

Hurricane9

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 10:26:02 PM »
So I'm about to send my money in to FPLC, but I'm waiting on 2 other schools.  I haven't had a chance to visit yet.  If I dont hear from them tomorrow, I'm gonna send it in.  I guess I don't really have a question, but just wanted to correspond with people who are going there next year.  Im 21 and am about to graduate from University of Miami.  Im glad there is a park across the street, cuz I really like to play sports - played all 4 years for my fraternity.  How is technology there?  for example...computer labs, wireless internet, classroom and facilities.