Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Prep Courses  (Read 1235 times)

Goldeneyed

• View Profile
    • Email
Law School Prep Courses
« on: March 25, 2006, 09:31:37 PM »
Anyone have a strong opinion for or against? I just got a Law Preview broshire in the mail, and now I"m afraid that I'm robbing myself of a chance to do well if I don't shell out the 1000 bucks for the course.

shamrock13

• View Profile
Re: Law School Prep Courses
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »
see the "law preview" thread.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:11:20 PM »
Buy used versions of the E&E's for Contracts, Civil Procedure, and Torts. Get them for as cheap as you can; you're not using them for decorative purposes. It doesn't matter if it's not the latest edition either. You're just using them to get an overview.

If you want to spend money on more recent versions, then by all means do it. But paying less than $50 for used, old versions of those books and working through them is going to be much more beneficial (albeit much more time consuming, but still well worth it) than paying $1,000 for that course.

Read the chapters and work the hypos at the end of each chapter.

arcanismajor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 09:34:51 PM »
Hi mp, where have you been baby? Making up some other username and posting undercover?!

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 09:52:03 PM »
Nah. I've been busy.

NeverSayNever

• I am one of those people born middle finger first
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT CLASS
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 06:13:10 PM »
Hi, can someone please suggest a good LSAT prep class. I took Kaplan and it was such a waste. I heard TestMasters is good. Did anyone here take TM? Are their methods helpful or complicated? Does anyone suggest ordering just their books without taking the class and studying on my own for the June test wise? Did anyone study on their own and if so, do you recommend it? Please respond ASAP thank you in advance

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »
The princeton review one was worth the money I spent, at least in my opinion. If you are expecting a 15 point increase (or something like that) I think your s-o-l but it's good for probably 5 to maybe10. I got a good score.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 07:32:46 PM »
Princeton review and Kaplan are a waste of money.  Go with Testmasters or Powerscore.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 01:23:21 AM »
Princeton review and Kaplan are a waste of money.  Go with Testmasters or Powerscore.

seconded

NeverSayNever

• I am one of those people born middle finger first
    • View Profile
LSAT HELP
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 09:54:33 PM »
Is self-study helpful for the LSAT? How big are the powerscore/TM classes? I'm thinking of purchasing TM books or Powerscore books? Which are better?