Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: On Campus Housing  (Read 3127 times)

Edge

• View Profile
On Campus Housing
« on: March 25, 2006, 03:46:52 PM »
I'm comin to McGeorge in the fall and was wondering if anyone had opinions on the housing. I was looking at trying to get a studio, which means Whiteacre or Silveracre. Do you know when we can move in?

Thanks for the help!

(This is posted on the general board as well)

BusDrivinBilly

• View Profile
Re: On Campus Housing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 04:15:06 PM »
I graduated from McG's in May 2005 and lived in both Whiteacre and Blackacre during my stay.

I'm not certain about the studio apartments, but the Whiteacre 2 bedroom townhouses were very livable.

I'm fairly certain you can move in near the very begining of August.  It depends on the apartment.  Typically students staying on-campus to study for the bar move out the last weekend of July, but the school does grant a few days extension into August if needed.  Most likely you could move in between August 2-3.  You'll have to call Nancy Whalen in the housing office to find out an exact date; and you should try reserving an apartment asap if you have not done so already, as the on-campus housing will fill up quickly.

gibbsale

• View Profile
Re: On Campus Housing
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 07:58:38 PM »
I had a difficult time with the housing office. I was coming from back east, and I was flying in late July/early August, giving myself about a week before orientation began. After I had my tickets (and after paying the deposit) I was informed that nothing would be available until August 5. That was simply not going to cut it, so after a long discussion about how I could not simply rent a hotel room for a week, they gave me a different studio. Which was fine. The studio is perfect for your first year.

On the other hand, I know a guy who has off-campus housing that is far more spacious than mine, about 1/5 of a mile away from the law school. He pays about forty bucks more per month, but it is something to consider.