Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted for Spring 07, Need advice  (Read 1139 times)

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted for Spring 07, Need advice
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 12:28:18 AM »
I don't think that he is being admitted for this spring but rather this coming fall. Admissions will often give out decisions well into May. However, I do agree that the whole "primo" law school thing is a bit braggish and unnecessary, esp. since the question boils down to, "How can one prepare to be a good public speaker in the area of law?"

Anyway, the answer is this: don't prepare. At first you'll be scared to answer questions in class. By the middle of your first semester, you'll be dying to intelligently blurt out the answer. If you do well enough, you'll become a member of your school's moot court team and they will intensively train you on public speaking. 

So seriously, just relax. Perhpas get that coffee shop job so that you can have more free time or at least get paid overtime.

UMHBmom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 08:54:45 AM »
Actually, the first sentence of his post says he was admitted for spring, waitlisted for fall. Otherwise... carry on!

NATUREBOY

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 09:21:07 AM »
Nacho,

I'd just save as much money as possible until you get started.  Baylor is very expensive.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 10:46:20 AM »
apparently we will have a visiting prof from baylor teaching our 1Ls civ pro next year

poor, poor bastards [better them than me!]