Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring to Nova Southeastern  (Read 500 times)

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
Transferring to Nova Southeastern
« on: March 18, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »
im currently attending western new england college and was considering transferring to Nova Southeastern SOLEY because i want to move to south florida when i graduate. i figured i could meet more people and familiarize myself more with south florida this way. does anyone have any info about NOVA? thanks everyone!!

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring to Nova Southeastern
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 10:40:49 PM »
Back during the application cycle, I visited U. of Miami, Florida Int'l Univ., and Nova Southeastern. At these three schools, I spoke to current students. Needless to say Miami had the best jobs prospects. Followed by FIU, and the Nova. Nova students seemed downright terrified as to whether they would have a job waiting for them by the end of graduation. (One student even warned me to only go T2 or higher; IOW, not Nova). The campus was nice, but if having a job is particularly important, then don't go there. 

If your grades are pretty decent (top 1/3 or better) I would definitely apply to the other two schools as well. Plus, Miami would probably have more financial aid money to throw around I would think.

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring to Nova Southeastern
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 09:05:51 AM »
Nova has a decent reputation in Broward County. If you look at firms in Broward, there are a ton of Nova grads. I heard they have a pretty harsh curve, though.