Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exam Tips  (Read 588 times)

jd2b06

• View Profile
Exam Tips
« on: March 18, 2006, 12:13:28 PM »
Let's demystify the exam process a bit and help out the newbies with some of our own personal exam taking strategies.

Mine?

IRAC doesn't always equal success and some professors actually HATE it because they want your answer in more of a narrative form.  Plus you infuse pretty much 0 creativity to set you apart.

Always separate your issues and parties before you even begin.  For example you have 5 parties doing all separate things... make sure you put A v B and B v C in nice neat little paragraphs and then start writing about the respective issues.

Time management time management time management.  Have all the BLL and rules set in your head before you sit for your exam.  That way when you recognize an issue it will trigger the information you need to include and you'll have it written down in no time.

I would have posted this under exam taking strategies but honestly no one reads that board.

Take Care~~ don't forget to add your input. 

Mimimimi

• View Profile
Re: Exam Tips
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:29:14 PM »
I think those are great tips.  Especially number 2; it really helps to have a good organizational structure planned out before you start.

pappy13

• View Profile
Re: Exam Tips
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 09:12:52 PM »
rule #2 is especially helpful in any class where the professor likes to pack their fact patterns.  My torts professor would have tons of issues, and basically if there were parties that interacted in any way (or proximate way), there was an issue there... no matter how silly.