Law School Discussion

Go now and transfer or wait???

Go now and transfer or wait???
« on: March 17, 2006, 01:40:43 PM »
I am trying to decide whether I should attend law school this fall and transfer next year or just wait and go next year.  My husband just matched for his medical residency in Philadelphia, but we have to stay here one more year (Winston Salem).  I've already been accepted to Wake Forest and could start, but I would then need to transfer to Rutgers, Temple, or in my dreams Penn.  Is this possible??  Does anyone have any experience with transferring to these schools.  I know I can get in if I wait, but I really don't want to.

Also, is there anything I should consider other than just starting late?  Law Review and all that stuff.  Will transferring affect this?


  • ****
  • 1636
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Go now and transfer or wait???
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:39:56 PM »
transferring is not guranteed.  it really is a tough call on your end.  next year you will be competing with other people for the few seats that will be available. 


Re: Go now and transfer or wait???
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 12:58:03 PM »
Just wait.  It is so much easier to get into those schools starting fresh than to transfer.  If you got into Wake Forest, you should have no problem getting into Nova or Temple, possibly with some money.  If you do poorly as a WF 1L, you might have to settle for Drexel.