Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What can you tell me?  (Read 3255 times)

jasonseidman

• View Profile
What can you tell me?
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:27:39 PM »
I have been admitted to UDC.  I am quite excited to go there.  What can any current stuidents tell me about their expierences there.  what do you like the best?  What do you hate the most?  would you advise someone to go their or not.

alwaystheunderdog

• View Profile
Re: What can you tell me?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 04:41:46 PM »
I have read that they have a very accomplished faculty and that they are starting to improve in most of their statistics such as bar passage and job placement.  I have been accepted there and am considering it.  Seems like an average city campus, law school is one floor of a building with a few medium sized classrooms and one huge lecture room built for about 150 people.  there are a few small librarys for the clinics in the school also.  The law library was redone in the last few years, i dont know when, and is very nice, there is lots of desk space, journals from all the schools, court reporters for all the state and federal courts, and a few meeting rooms.  this place seems nice, but it often gets bashed by people who look on anything less than harvard as pathetic.  it will give you a good education - as any law school will, but will also provide you with real lawyering practice in the clinics.  i think it is 350 hrs in 2nd semester 2L and 350 hrs in 1st semester 3L and you represent people in many matters from HIV/AIDS to landlord tennant issues.  i have also heard that you need to do 40 hrs of community service in the 1L (working in various government and nonprofit offices) and that this will often lead to a summer intership, which they offer soem stipend for.  it would probably be tough to get a 1L summer job in a big firm unless you are atop the class (competing with GW, GULC, American, Catholic, Howard), but could probably work in a mid sized firm if you so chose