Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: At the risk of getting booed off the board, lol :)  (Read 3219 times)

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: At the risk of getting booed off the board, lol :)
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 05:34:54 PM »
Are you in Cali now, or still in Austin? If you're in Austin, you might consider taking paralegal classes at ACC. Great program.

riaroso

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 05:48:37 PM »
I'm in TX, but not in Austin.
I planned to move this summer to Cali regardless of my educational plans  :(

<<depressed>>

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 12:22:01 AM »
I also missed the LSAT cutoff b/c I decided to go to law school during the middle of my senior year.  I took a year off and worked as a paralegal.  It really was the best thing I could have done.  I feel more mature than many of the straight from UG ppl.  I have a great resume.  I got a great summer externship b/c I have experience.  I have atty connections.  With a decent gpa from a good UG it would be a really bad idea to waste 3 years in a non accredited school (IMHO).  Check out the pre-law side on LSAT info. 

mynameismud

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 02:03:31 PM »
a 3.4?  :D is this a troll?  i had a 3.08, and i'm going to a t1 on scholarship.  i know several others with similar grades that are doing the same.  "a 3.4 isn't the end of the world" is a pretty big understatement.  what this girl needs to do is to grow up.  do those of us in cali a favor and stay in texas, it's crowded enough here already.

riaroso

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 02:31:55 PM »
a 3.4?  :D is this a troll?  i had a 3.08, and i'm going to a t1 on scholarship.  i know several others with similar grades that are doing the same.  "a 3.4 isn't the end of the world" is a pretty big understatement.  what this girl needs to do is to grow up.  do those of us in cali a favor and stay in texas, it's crowded enough here already.

Happy for you that you got a schollarship and everything, that gives me hope.
As to the other comments, that's just not nice, first of all, and second of all, regardless of wheather or not I am mature, I don't think I've displayed any sort of immaturity on my own account.  So, in a laywer's terminology, your argument would be considered irrelevant and not to mention - is a speculation.  I am mature enough to have held a multi-million dollar company together for 8 years and am here to make an educated decision about my future plans for education.  So, this comment about my maturity level is really uncalled for.

As to "staying in Texas" comment, I don't think I need an advise from some parvenu on where to live.

P.S.  Just because you're a jerk, IMHO, doens't make you a good lawyer.

riaroso

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 02:39:31 PM »
I also missed the LSAT cutoff b/c I decided to go to law school during the middle of my senior year.  I took a year off and worked as a paralegal.  It really was the best thing I could have done.  I feel more mature than many of the straight from UG ppl.  I have a great resume.  I got a great summer externship b/c I have experience.  I have atty connections.  With a decent gpa from a good UG it would be a really bad idea to waste 3 years in a non accredited school (IMHO).  Check out the pre-law side on LSAT info. 

Melinda, thanks for sharing your experience.  I will take this into a consideration when I make plans.  I would have to agree that I don't want to spend three years and get stuck in Cali for the rest of my life.  I like the freedom of movement.  I checked out the LSAT info and the next one is in June.  I don't know if I want to take it that soon.

Question: If I do take the LSAT, doesn't the next time I take it is averaged with the previous time?... I can't remember where I've read that, but it seems kinda of unfair if it's true.

paran0id

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »
Depends on the school. A good starting point is here: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/multiple_lsat.php. Basically if you don't see a school on that list they probably take the average. What you'll need to do is investigate a specific school's policy when you're applying.

As for it 'not being fair', I disagree but that's an arguement for another topic.

riaroso

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 05:57:35 PM »
Depends on the school. A good starting point is here: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/multiple_lsat.php. Basically if you don't see a school on that list they probably take the average. What you'll need to do is investigate a specific school's policy when you're applying.

As for it 'not being fair', I disagree but that's an arguement for another topic.

Thanks,
I'll check it out.  I kinda thought that each individual school had their own policy.

By "unfair" I mean, what if I just go and bomb the first test not because I'm an idiot, but because I couldn't get my *&^% together or got a diarhea for crying out loud and had to leave or something! LOL :)  The following times I take it - let's say I make a 160... but that first time will be pulling down the average...  I'm just saying... :)

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 08:40:41 PM »

As to the other comments, that's just not nice, first of all, and second of all, regardless of wheather or not I am mature, I don't think I've displayed any sort of immaturity on my own account.  So, in a laywer's terminology, your argument would be considered irrelevant and not to mention - is a speculation.  I am mature enough to have held a multi-million dollar company together for 8 years and am here to make an educated decision about my future plans for education.  So, this comment about my maturity level is really uncalled for.

As to "staying in Texas" comment, I don't think I need an advise from some parvenu on where to live.

First, if you want to be a lawyer, you need to know how to use the English language and spell words correctly.  "Schollarship" and "wheather"... that's rough... So, in a lawyer's terminology, you don't have the first clue what a lawyer's terminology consists of, and will need to fall back on that "mulit-million" dollar company of yours once you are laughed out of your legal writing class. 

Of course this is speculation on my part.
pudding is delightful

riaroso

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 09:12:37 PM »

First, if you want to be a lawyer, you need to know how to use the English language and spell words correctly.  "Schollarship" and "wheather"... that's rough... So, in a lawyer's terminology, you don't have the first clue what a lawyer's terminology consists of, and will need to fall back on that "mulit-million" dollar company of yours once you are laughed out of your legal writing class. 

Of course this is speculation on my part.

For crying out loud!!! Go take a seat at the "pointless arguments" board elsewhere!
I'm happy you have some spelling skills, they will be of use in a spelling bee contest for the first-graders. lol

As to my English, it's my fourth language, so I have an excuse.  I want to know what's YOUR excuse is for being a jerk-off?