Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

0 (0%)
 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 14213 times)

LoverOfWomen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Abortion
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2006, 08:31:17 AM »
OOOOHHHHH!!!  In my face!!!

Do you plan on using that in your post [school you won't confess] poo-eating career??

Snap!

Oh no.  I'd concede it to you,  the expert on feces and other vile waste matter.

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2006, 03:53:57 PM »
Abortion is SATANIC! Abortion, unless the baby will die anyway before birth, is BABY KILLING, INFANTICIDE and MURDER! Even pregnant mothers know that! The issue that is at stake is horrible MEN! Men who make women pregnant and BREAK THEIR HEARTS and the MALE DOCTORS who perform abortions to make MONEY off poor women.

Ah, so Satan is a man!  Thank you for answering that question--I always wondered about that pointy tail!

How exactly do these abortion doctors make any money without the woman's consent?  Do they use hypnotism in the abortion clinics too?  Oh, and how is it murder to remove tissue from a woman's uterus?

Before every woman goes down the horrible path of abortion-consideration, she is already a dead woman. Her heart, soul and body has been killed by the man who raped her body for sex and takes no responsibility for the baby! The true story behind ABORTION is that MEN ARE BASTARDS and MEN ARE APES.

This seems like an excellent reason to abort baby boys.

Also, I think you're taking Darwin a tad simplistically here.  I mean, women are really kinky if they're having sex with another species, no?

And they try to blame women as immoral and irresponsible when it is the STRAIGHT BLOODY BASTARD MEN who should be put behind bars!

Hmmm...from what I recall in reproductive biology, it usually takes two to tango.  Unless, of course, you're asserting that every single pregnancy is the result of rape.  In which case, ban pregnancy.

I say that ABORTIONS be banned and ALL PREGNANT MOTHERS, married or single, young and old, should be TREATED WITH RESPECT,

Would "treated with respect" include conforming to the woman's wishes if she didn't want to become an incubator for 9 months?  Or would allowing a grown woman to make decisions about her own body be crossing the "respect" line?

given SUBSIDIES and GRANTS by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to have a peaceful restful 9 months of UNPAID LEAVE until they give birth!!! Afterall, babies grow up to be strong citizens who contribute to our economy and become the Bill Gates and Steve Jobs of our time! Did you know that Steve Jobs was an unplanned baby whose biological mother signed him away!

Well, a lot of babies also grow up to be drug dealers, thieves, terrorists, Internet trolls and...*gasp* abortion doctors.

Besides, Bill Gates is a feminine hygiene product.

BABIES RULE!

Rule what?  One Hoover and it's over...some ruler.

And the Federal government should have a sex tax. Everytime a man has sex with a woman, he should be TAXED and the money should go into a federal fund for raising babies!

(1) As someone posted above, how would this work?  Would Congress have to monitor the sexual habits of men and women?  I can see Bill Clinton volunteering to take Hillary's Senate seat in this instance.

(2) Paying for sex is your solution?  Under your policy, all women become whores?

(3) Assuming your system works as intended, less people will have sex.  This, in turn, will result in fewer adorable little brats.  No more cute von Trapp families.  More likely, however, men will just have sex with really, really horny women who won't tell anyone about it...kinda like the '70s!

#1 post on this forum

chanukha

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2006, 06:53:31 PM »
bump

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2006, 07:19:19 PM »
If someone can name me one time prohibition of anything has made the situation better, I will support pro-lifers.

prohibition of alcohol spurred the most violent organized crime in all of history

prohibition of drugs, particularly marijuana, has done nothing but lock nonviolent criminals up with longer sentences than rapists and murderers, flood the jails, and cost billions of dollars.  what percent of highschool students try illegal drugs?  I think it is like 40%. 

prohibition of firearms in England and Australia has led to skyrocketing violent crime rates.

No one is pro-abortion, everyone understands that it is a horrible thing.  If you make abortion illegal, you will give life long employment to every doctor who has ever lost his license.  The government will not be able to regulate it, so people will be aborting fetuses in the third trimester.  Live babies will be delivered in motel rooms and thrown in the trash.

Abortion is awful, but banning it would be worse. 

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2006, 07:59:22 PM »
You know, after seeing all of those pictures, it only makes my pro-choice beliefs stronger.  whoever posts *&^% like that is a screwed up whacko.

I could very well post some pictures of a woman performing an abortion on herself with a coat hanger, or a drunken delisenced doctor performing a third trimester abortion.  THOSE WOULD BE THE RESULTS OF BANNING ABORTION. 

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2006, 09:11:37 PM »
You know, after seeing all of those pictures, it only makes my pro-choice beliefs stronger.  whoever posts *&^% like that is a f**cked up whacko.

I could very well post some pictures of a woman performing an abortion on herself with a coat hanger, or a drunken delisenced doctor performing a third trimester abortion.  THOSE WOULD BE THE RESULTS OF BANNING ABORTION. 

A lot of these people are mentally ill. By yelling at them, you encourage them.

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2006, 09:47:05 PM »
You know, after seeing all of those pictures, it only makes my pro-choice beliefs stronger.  whoever posts *&^% like that is a f**cked up whacko.

Yep...back alley abortions will become a practice in this country if abortion is outlawed. 14-year old girls, who are still babies themselves, will be forced to either keep the child, or become an incubator for the state and suffer lifelong psychological damage once she gives the kid up for adoption. Or how about the 18 year old girl who becomes pregnant and doesnt know about it, yet goes on spring break...spends a whole week drinking and doing recreational drugs, only to find out that she's pregnant, and will be forced to take care of a child that will likely have fetal alcohol syndrome, brain damage, or a multitude of other problems. Or even more compelling, how about the woman in South Dakota who gets raped and becomes pregnant, yet has to bring the child to term...that child will eventually ask who his/her mom and dad are, and why he/she wasn't wanted...and once he's old enough to do the research on his own, he/she will find out that he wasn't just your "run of the mill" child given up for an adoption...but that his or her conception was the result of one of life's most brutal and heinous crimes.
Rather than trying to instill their own sense of morality on everyone else, do any of these bible thumpers ever think about what's best for the child to be? We can't even take care of the children WE ALREADY HAVE in this country. First off, I don't know much about adoption law, but I know it's a long and drawn out process. Children are constantly bounced from orphanage to orphanage, and foster home to foster home. For some children it works out fine, yet for others, they have to live with the psychological effects of (a) not having a family (b) wondering why their parents didn't want them (c) not living normal lives. Now take the number of children who already don't have homes, and add tens of thousands of unwanted kids to that list. The whole "Bill Gates was an unwanted child" argument has no freakin merit whatsoever. For every one unwanted child who turns out to be ok, there are thousands that aren't so lucky.
It's ironic...the same people in support of banning abortion are the same people who want to uphold the "traditional family", who don't want to pay for welfare or healthcare for the poor, and who want tax cuts. The practical results of abortion would include a significanly higher proportion of single parent households and a greater strain on our economy. But hey...all of this is worth it, as long as the religious right can sleep well knowing they imposed their f**ked up sense of morality on everyone else.

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2006, 10:11:32 PM »

Yep...back alley abortions will become a practice in this country if abortion is outlawed. 14-year old girls, who are still babies themselves, will be forced to either keep the child, or become an incubator for the state and suffer lifelong psychological damage once she gives the kid up for adoption. Or how about the 18 year old girl who becomes pregnant and doesnt know about it, yet goes on spring break...spends a whole week drinking and doing recreational drugs, only to find out that she's pregnant, and will be forced to take care of a child that will likely have fetal alcohol syndrome, brain damage, or a multitude of other problems. Or even more compelling, how about the woman in South Dakota who gets raped and becomes pregnant, yet has to bring the child to term...that child will eventually ask who his/her mom and dad are, and why he/she wasn't wanted...and once he's old enough to do the research on his own, he/she will find out that he wasn't just your "run of the mill" child given up for an adoption...but that his or her conception was the result of one of life's most brutal and heinous crimes.
Rather than trying to instill their own sense of morality on everyone else, do any of these bible thumpers ever think about what's best for the child to be? We can't even take care of the children WE ALREADY HAVE in this country. First off, I don't know much about adoption law, but I know it's a long and drawn out process. Children are constantly bounced from orphanage to orphanage, and foster home to foster home. For some children it works out fine, yet for others, they have to live with the psychological effects of (a) not having a family (b) wondering why their parents didn't want them (c) not living normal lives. Now take the number of children who already don't have homes, and add tens of thousands of unwanted kids to that list. The whole "Bill Gates was an unwanted child" argument has no freakin merit whatsoever. For every one unwanted child who turns out to be ok, there are thousands that aren't so lucky.
It's ironic...the same people in support of banning abortion are the same people who want to uphold the "traditional family", who don't want to pay for welfare or healthcare for the poor, and who want tax cuts. The practical results of abortion would include a significanly higher proportion of single parent households and a greater strain on our economy. But hey...all of this is worth it, as long as the religious right can sleep well knowing they imposed their f**ked up sense of morality on everyone else.

Hey, I guess it makes people good to know that someone with a gun and handcuffs has to do what they say.

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2006, 11:25:45 PM »
I just want someone to name one single time that prohibition of something has improved the situation.

sella turcica

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2006, 11:46:29 PM »
If someone can name me one time prohibition of anything has made the situation better, I will support pro-lifers.

prohibition of alcohol spurred the most violent organized crime in all of history

prohibition of drugs, particularly marijuana, has done nothing but lock nonviolent criminals up with longer sentences than rapists and murderers, flood the jails, and cost billions of dollars.  what percent of highschool students try illegal drugs?  I think it is like 40%. 

prohibition of firearms in England and Australia has led to skyrocketing violent crime rates.

No one is pro-abortion, everyone understands that it is a horrible thing.  If you make abortion illegal, you will give life long employment to every doctor who has ever lost his license.  The government will not be able to regulate it, so people will be aborting fetuses in the third trimester.  Live babies will be delivered in motel rooms and thrown in the trash.

Abortion is awful, but banning it would be worse. 

Looks like an utilitarian perspective, this one, florida!