Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

0 (0%)
 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 14084 times)

• View Profile
Abortion
« on: March 04, 2006, 07:09:14 PM »
[image removed]

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Abortion
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 08:42:46 PM »
yes it should

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

HandsBurdenTest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 09:08:06 PM »
looks good enough to eat, that is why i am pro choice

majorporcupine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 10:22:13 PM »
I'm fairly sure if I posted pictures of what an American soldier killed by a roadside bomb looks like, you'd cry foul.  Even if I really, really, really believe the war in Iraq is immoral.

bulletproof

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 03:34:59 AM »
I'm fairly sure if I posted pictures of what an American soldier killed by a roadside bomb looks like, you'd cry foul.  Even if I really, really, really believe the war in Iraq is immoral.

Would that be saying the war is immoral, or that terrorists blowing up American soldiers with roadside bombs is immoral?

majorporcupine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 04:27:47 AM »

Would that be saying the war is immoral, or that terrorists blowing up American soldiers with roadside bombs is immoral?

It could be taken either way, I suppose.  The point is that posting tasteless photographs doesn't constitute a persuasive policy statement.

bulletproof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 06:57:31 AM »
The point is that posting tasteless photographs doesn't constitute a persuasive policy statement.

Agreed, the OP is just trying to be a dicta.

pcs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 06:47:54 AM »

barbara

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 07:00:04 AM »
Abortion is going to happen whether we like it or not, whether it's by a physician in a sterile hospital operating room or in the Jack's basement with a rusty coat hanger. Take your pick. The latter will result in MANY maternal deaths from bleeding and infection. But most conservatives have no sympathy for the women who have abortions anyway.

Women choose to terminate their pregnancy for many reasons. The conservatives and the media portrays women who get abortions as egotistical selfish individuals who have no respect for life. Imagine a 15 year old who is raped by her 25 year old cousin, case of incest, or a homeless woman who did not have the resources to support herself nonetheless a pregnancy and a baby, or a woman with a psychiatric condition that renders her unable to handle a pregnancy or care for an infant, or women with medical reasons as AIDS, kidney failure, cancer, liver failure - problems that would disable or lead to death of the mother, anencephaly (a nonviable fetus without a brain), genetic diseases - conditions that would lead to a severely malformed fetus, debilitation, or death of the infant. Also if the infant is born into a dysfunctional family, it won't have a satisfying and productive life.

seb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 07:05:16 AM »
Abortion is SATANIC! Abortion, unless the baby will die anyway before birth, is BABY KILLING, INFANTICIDE and MURDER! Even pregnant mothers know that! The issue that is at stake is horrible MEN! Men who make women pregnant and BREAK THEIR HEARTS and the MALE DOCTORS who perform abortions to make MONEY off poor women. Before every woman goes down the horrible path of abortion-consideration, she is already a dead woman. Her heart, soul and body has been killed by the man who raped her body for sex and takes no responsibility for the baby! The true story behind ABORTION is that MEN ARE BASTARDS and MEN ARE APES. And they try to blame women as immoral and irresponsible when it is the STRAIGHT BLOODY BASTARD MEN who should be put behind bars! I say that ABORTIONS be banned and ALL PREGNANT MOTHERS, married or single, young and old, should be TREATED WITH RESPECT, given SUBSIDIES and GRANTS by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to have a peaceful restful 9 months of UNPAID LEAVE until they give birth!!! Afterall, babies grow up to be strong citizens who contribute to our economy and become the Bill Gates and Steve Jobs of our time! Did you know that Steve Jobs was an unplanned baby whose biological mother signed him away! BABIES RULE! And the Federal government should have a sex tax. Everytime a man has sex with a woman, he should be TAXED and the money should go into a federal fund for raising babies!