Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Manhattan DA's  (Read 1202 times)

lakrank

• View Profile
Manhattan DA's
« on: March 03, 2006, 03:17:43 AM »
I am a 1L in New York, and it seems that all I hear about lately is the Manhattan DA's and how great it is. Is it?
They offered me a summer position. I want to eventually practice criminal. Is it really prestigious? Should I take it? Advice please.

majorporcupine

• View Profile
Re: Manhattan DA's
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:21:54 AM »
It is exactly like Law and Order.  Plus you will only prosecute drug dealers and make buckets of money in the process!

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 08:10:07 AM »
I would say take it. as a 1L it is tough to find a job, let alone a paying one. the manhattan DA is regarded as one of the most prestigious DA offices to work for; it would be a great resume booster. not to mention you would get great experience.
check the footnotes ya'll

bulletproof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 01:07:59 AM »
It is exactly like Law and Order.  Plus you will only prosecute drug dealers and make buckets of money in the process!

The best part is you can get a conviction in 30 minutes, assuming the police don't run over on their part.

majorporcupine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »

The best part is you can get a conviction in 30 minutes, assuming the police don't run over on their part.

Yes, you're always eloquent and the witnesses will have surprising "twists" in the middle of trial...every single time!

Yeah, it's a sweet deal.  Unless you're a woman.  Then Jack McCoy switch you out every two years or so for someone younger and prettier.   :-\