Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hello Mercer Law Class of 2009  (Read 5288 times)

favor24

• The countdown begins...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello Mercer Law Class of 2009
« on: March 02, 2006, 05:52:24 PM »
Has anyone been accepted to the class of 2009?  I am preparing for my transition back to Mercer (I went to undergrad there and graduated in 2003).

Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

Major1

• View Profile
Re: Hello Mercer Law Class of 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 03:36:49 PM »
I have been accepted. I will most likely end up there :).  Congratulations on your acceptance.  How did you like living in Macon? 

Horsley54

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ole Miss Bound
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Horsley54
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 05:35:34 PM »
I've been accepted to Mercer, but still keeping my options open with 7 apps still out there.
UAB Undergrad 06
Ole Miss SOL Class of 09

bennybm

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »
I have been accepted, but it looks like cost will push me to GSU.
The price differential is just too much to ignore.
In - GSU, UGA
Out - UF
Withdrawn - Memphis, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mercer, Samford, FSU

favor24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 05:38:41 PM »
[Congrats on your acceptance.  I was actually at the law school this past weekend. 

I will say this about Macon-it was conducive to studying.  Of course there are things to find to do if you want to.  However, it not like Atlanta (which is close enough to get to if you want to go) where something is happening all of the time.  I had fun while in college and I know some people who go to the law school right now and they agree that they find things to do and the law school has social events but the environment is very helpful to study.  Macon has a mall and numerous eating places.  I don't know if you live in Georgia- if not be prepared b/c Macon is very humid from now until about October. 

I enjoyed my time there, which is why Mercer was my first choice to go back to law school.  Email me if you need any information on housing or other things.

I have been accepted. I will most likely end up there :).  Congratulations on your acceptance.  How did you like living in Macon? 

favor24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 05:44:51 PM »
I can understand that--I was accepted at other law schools including USC. GSU said a decision has been made but I am waiting for my letter to make it to me.  However, Mercer's scholarship packet and the school itself makes it my number one pick.  but if it wasn't for getting the scholarship I probably wouldn't be going.

Good luck in your decision...

I have been accepted, but it looks like cost will push me to GSU.
The price differential is just too much to ignore.

Horsley54

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ole Miss Bound
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Horsley54
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 06:14:29 PM »
Anyone going to the Reception in ATL on the 21st.  Was thinking about going, but I have a test that night in my Gov't and Not-For-Profit class  :-\
UAB Undergrad 06
Ole Miss SOL Class of 09

favor24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 11:14:26 AM »
Anyone going to the Reception in ATL on the 21st.  Was thinking about going, but I have a test that night in my Gov't and Not-For-Profit class  :-\

I will be going.  When I went to Mercer's Law Day program this weekend some alumni from the King and Spaulding Firm said it wouldn't be too long and I want to go and meet some people because you never know...

ashkdtsu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 12:07:32 PM »
I will be attending Mercer Law in the fall.  I visited the school yesterday and absolutely loved everything about it.  One question--housing!  Where do most law students live and is there a way to find a roommate prior to showing up in August?  If any of you reading this are definitely going to Mercer and are needing a roommate, please let me know!  Also, any advice on housing in general will be much appreciated!

Thank you!

favor24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 11:28:01 PM »
Hey,  There are many options for housing- it just depends on whether you want to live near the school or not.  Macon's apartments are very reasonable.  There are a few apartment buildings right around the law school and their prices range from $480-$800 for a one bedroom.  Mercer has graduate student housing right in front of the law school (Orange St.) and some other lofts downtown (I believe) and you would need to call residence life about that (1-800-MERCERU).  However, if you want to get a detailed view of apartmetns in the area go to www.apartmentguide.com.  North Macon is about 15 miles away from the law school but has the movie theatre, starbucks, barnes and nobles, and various restaurants there.  The apartments near the law school are The Massee (walking distance), Tattnell place (won't be finised building until April 15th and is about 2 minutes from the law school), and Broadway Lofts.

If you need any more help let me know...I am definately going back to Mercer!!

I will be attending Mercer Law in the fall.  I visited the school yesterday and absolutely loved everything about it.  One question--housing!  Where do most law students live and is there a way to find a roommate prior to showing up in August?  If any of you reading this are definitely going to Mercer and are needing a roommate, please let me know!  Also, any advice on housing in general will be much appreciated!

Thank you!