Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Night School  (Read 784 times)

blkbutterflyy

• View Profile
    • Email
Night School
« on: March 02, 2006, 11:47:16 AM »
Does anyone go to law school at night? I am planning to attend law school but I may have to go at night and I was just wondering how it works out for other people on the board.

nate

• View Profile
Re: Night School
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:28:52 PM »
i liked the classes but hated the schedule. now i have a day class too, so things are much better.

would you be working during the day? taking care of a child? not doing anything? i know of people who do all kinds of things during the day- some like how it works out, others don't.
GW

blkbutterflyy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 08:57:29 AM »
i might be working a part time job but I don't have any kids just a husband. I was just wondering what people thought. I have been reading the other posts about night school and most of the other people don't like it but they have kids and a full time job. My situation is different because i will have free time to do other stuff during the day. Just wondering what other people think.

cuteprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 02:23:31 PM »
Well, it's very demanding.  I am working almost full-time.  The professors always say, "just because you work full-time, that's no excuse for not briefing your cases."  It's very time consuming.  If you have no kids to worry about, then I'm sure you'll be fine.  The dean at our school when I went to the interview asked me if I was married or had kids because he said "did you talk about law school with your significant other because it takes almost all of your time and the other person will feel neglected."

blkbutterflyy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 08:15:43 PM »
To tell the truth I think I might have the perfect scenario. My husband will be traveling alot so he really won't have time to feel neglected. But I was thinking more into the length of the classes. I saw someone say that there are certain things that are done during the day that you couldn't get the full grasp of at night. Whatever that means. So..... If you were in my predictament and had a choice between day or night what would you choose and why.