Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Da Vinci crock  (Read 79606 times)

Judge Barka

• View Profile
Re: The Da Vinci crock
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2008, 02:53:53 PM »

turn on, Ronaldo is not the "saint" people think he is..

Stop it -- Scolari will add value to Chelsea too, just like he did to all the teams he's been part of; however, be careful -- it is not just reporters who are likely to feel well-known Phil's ire ... Opponents, such as Serbia's Ivica Dragotinovic - and even rival fans are equally likely to be on the receiving end. Scolari is unlikely, either, to approve of London's Bohemian tendency, having characterised his spell in Kuwait in terms likely to put the gay lobby on edge. "I don't like to see so many gays," declared Scolari. "If I find out that one of my players is gay, then I quickly get rid of him."

Yet at the same time, Scolari is an inspirational leader, citing the battle tactics of the sixth century Chinese warlord Sun Tzu as his own textbook and frequently describing his players as "warriors". He will not have come without getting the approval to bring his hand-picked team of assistants, headed by Flavio Teixeira - nicknamed Murtosa and known as his "eyes and ears" - men who - like Mourinho's cohorts Baltemar Brito, Silvinho Loura, Rui Faria and Andrea Villas Boas - know what he expects. What he demands, too, just like Mourinho, is unquestioned loyalty. When he sees it, as he does in his current Portugal squad, the praise comes out as a galvanising stream of reciprocated love. "I look at my players and their eyes are shining," he said after Wednesday's win over the Czech Republic. "They are supporting each other."

If not, however, they will be cut dead. It is a simple formula yet one which has proved very effective and made Scolari the world's best-paid manager. And it has given the man Brian Barwick let slip through England's grasp the opportunity to show what he can do.

Next month, the Blue touchpaper will be lit. Wait for the fireworks.

A. Dawn

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2008, 03:46:03 PM »

turn on, Ronaldo is not the "saint" people think he is..

"I don't like to see so many gays," declared Scolari. "If I find out that one of my players is gay, then I quickly get rid of him."

Oh please stop it - just because Ronaldo allows his coach to touch his behind does not mean he's gay - I mean, for the fun of it let's go ahead and assume he is -- here I go for example

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LVHityT0u2k

Just remember the sport he's part of  - soccer is a very sexualized type of activity

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-AiWiMX8d0A&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x6jYZuO8Oms&feature=related

harrisons

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »
Hahaha - your so funny A.! ;)
The burden of proof is ALWAYS on the people who claim that something is true.

maryhola

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »

Ronaldo is a hard-working guy and he's really worth the money paid for!

(waiting anxious for Germany to lose tonight having betted even my mad money)
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

c a c a n i

• View Profile
Scolari aims to delay departure for Chelsea
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »

Stop it -- Scolari will add value to Chelsea too, just like he did to all the teams he's been part of; however, be careful -- it is not just reporters who are likely to feel well-known Phil's ire ... Opponents, such as Serbia's Ivica Dragotinovic - and even rival fans are equally likely to be on the receiving end. Scolari is unlikely, either, to approve of London's Bohemian tendency, having characterised his spell in Kuwait in terms likely to put the gay lobby on edge.

[...]

New Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari is not expecting to take charge of his last match with Portugal just yet. Euro 2008 is Scolari's last competition after more than 5 years with the Portuguese national team. A win against Germany in the quarterfinals of the European Championship on Thursday would allow Scolari to stick around for at least another match before stepping down to take charge of the Premier League club. "I hope this is not my last game," Scolari said. "Our plan is to stay here (in Switzerland) until June 25, and I hope to beat Germany and continue as expected."

The final of the European tournament will be played in Austria. This is his last competition after more than 5 years with the Portuguese national team, which he led to the Euro 2004 final and the 2006 World Cup semifinal. The Brazilian coach said he expects his players to work even harder to keep it from being his last match. "From what I know them, from the friendship that I have with them, they will dedicate themselves even more," Scolari said. "And that's almost impossible because they have been giving all they have already." Despite his experience in major competitions -- Scolari won the 2002 World Cup with Brazil --, Scolari admitted he is anxious for the quarterfinal match against Germany in Basel.

"There is no way to be relaxed," he said. "In a final phase like this there are high expectations." He said his past with Brazil and Portugal can only help, though. "Sometimes you end up having to give confidence to the athletes even though you have doubts yourself," Scolari said. "But when you see the atmosphere like it is here, you just go out there and do what you have learned since the beginning of your (career)." As Brazil's coach in the 2002 World Cup, Scolari beat the Germans 2-0 in the final, with a goal by Ronaldo. "I would be happy if Cristiano Ronaldo scored this time," Scolari said. "But I will take a win against Germany with goals by anyone. The important thing is to advance." Portugal and Germany have met twice at the European Championship. They drew 0-0 in the first round in 1984, and Portugal beat the defending champions 3-0 in the group stage in 2000. Portugal lost the Euro 2004 final to Greece at home and were eliminated by France in the World Cup semifinals 2 years later.

caca

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »

Indeed, they say Luis Figo to take over once Scolari leaves. 

The dark, hairy chested Figo with a strong athletic body. He shaves his chest -- like everyone in the business, after all.. :)

n a k e d

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »

Oh please, stop all this validity and reliability and predictive value * & ^ %! Epidemiology is useless, it's junk science. The data are of inadequate quality. Bias and confounding are insurmountable under any circumstances. And even though you’ve done your best to control for all the confounders, there is either the possibility of residual confounding or even worse there is some confounder out there that you should have controlled for but you didn't even know it existed. This is an argument I refer to as the "unknown confounder" argument that is hard to beat.

Exactly - so much argument for such a piece of epidemiology * & ^ %!

@ # ! * off!

Believe it or not, I know physicians (M.D.) who've gone into Public health — which is a shame because they are basically wasting their degree.

[/]

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2008, 11:42:16 AM »

Ronaldo is a hard-working guy and he's really worth the money paid for!

(waiting anxious for Germany to lose tonight having betted even my mad money)

Can you tell me something, friend -- is it that if you tag someone he's bound to fail no matter what? Are you some kind of master of destruction, one who'll not let any grass grow under his feet?

c o l o v a r

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2008, 05:27:21 PM »
hahaha

kaman

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2008, 06:29:54 PM »

The dark, hairy chested Figo with a strong athletic body. He shaves his chest -- like everyone in the business, after all.. :)

Zinedin Zidan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zAjWi663kXc