Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer Application Questions  (Read 1108 times)

Mikegesq

• View Profile
Transfer Application Questions
« on: February 27, 2006, 02:43:18 PM »
I am looking to transfer from a T4 to basically any school closer to home, Twhatever, I have some family issued that have come up and need to attend to them over the next year or so.

My question is this, the "Letter of Good Standing from the Dean" - this wont be available until the end of the spring semester, right?

Also, for the personal statement/statement of reason for transfer, how in-depth should I get regarding this.

Is it more like the personal statement when you originally apply, or should I go into detail about a family obligation (father being ill) and I need to be close to home to help?

Thanks.

Brisco

• View Profile
Re: Transfer Application Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:01:46 AM »
Dean's letter is just a formality. It just says you're a student there. Check with the school you're transferring to to find out when you need to get it/if you need to get it.

No one here is going to be able to tell you for sure what you need on a statement but in general schools say, and its probably true, that you need to talk about why you want to transfer. It should be very different from your initial PS because they know that you want to be a lawyer and they know your aptitude for the work (based on grades). You need to convince them that you are serious about transferring to their university.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 12:05:21 PM »
Air Force JAG Corps

majorporcupine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 06:10:04 PM »
Why not just move your home closer to T4?  ???

You go to Columbia, right?  Only Columbia students bother to note a "fourth" in the top.