Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Inserting page numbers in WordPad  (Read 994 times)

now

• View Profile
    • Email
Inserting page numbers in WordPad
« on: February 15, 2006, 11:55:59 PM »
Does anyone know how you do it?

callingthedevil

• View Profile
Re: Inserting page numbers in WordPad
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 09:57:34 PM »
You've to have Microsoft Word to do that I guess. Go to the local BB and you can get the software for 150 bucks.

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 10:55:14 PM »
I don't know of many universities that don't have Office for free or for 5,10,15 bucks on cd.

I'd go that route

Or just get the Office Beta

i

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 05:54:03 PM »
You have to have XP or latter versions for the Office Beta ... something to keep in mind ..

schooly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:43:14 AM »
Then go for the 5,10,15 bucks on cd thing ..

wds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 04:12:07 AM »
This does not really belong here but I did not want to start a new thread.

I bought a Lexmark Z25 just about a month ago and printed only about 20 times only during that period. Suddenly, my printer stopped printing black colors properly. I cleaned the nozzles as per the usual procedure but to no avail. The printing status shows that I still have 50%. I did another technique wherein I switched the slots of the black and color cartridges. The color is printing everytime. This proves that it's not the cartridge slot but the black cartridge itself that has a problem. I tried to clean the copper contacts of the cartridge but it still didn't work.

Did the cartridge dry up cuz I didn't use it that much?

Does anyone know of any other technique which may prove useful in solving my cartridge dilemma?

I don't want to buy another cartridge as I know I didn't use it much (I still have 50%). A new black cartridge costs about 75% as much as a brand new Z25 printer.

d s l

• View Profile
Replace or Refill?
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 06:39:39 AM »
Refilling inkjet cartridges is not always an easy process. It can be very messy, in fact, and may not be worth the cost savings if you wind up ruining your nice white dress shirt. Make sure to cover your work surface with newspapers to prevent staining. Avoid overfilling, because getting ink on the printer's circuitry can interfere with the operation of the electronics and void a printer's warranty.

Some cartridges require cracking open the sealed lid or drilling through the cartridge top in order to inject ink. This is not a difficult task, but you do have to be careful not to damage the print cartridge while refilling it. Wear latex/rubber gloves, because it's almost impossible to avoid getting a little ink on your fingers.

mailbonding

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 01:55:35 AM »

This does not really belong here but I did not want to start a new thread.

I bought a Lexmark Z25 just about a month ago and printed only about 20 times only during that period. Suddenly, my printer stopped printing black colors properly. I cleaned the nozzles as per the usual procedure but to no avail. The printing status shows that I still have 50%. I did another technique wherein I switched the slots of the black and color cartridges. The color is printing everytime. This proves that it's not the cartridge slot but the black cartridge itself that has a problem. I tried to clean the copper contacts of the cartridge but it still didn't work.

Did the cartridge dry up cuz I didn't use it that much?

Does anyone know of any other technique which may prove useful in solving my cartridge dilemma?

I don't want to buy another cartridge as I know I didn't use it much (I still have 50%). A new black cartridge costs about 75% as much as a brand new Z25 printer.

Remove the cartridges from the printer. Take a dry lint free paper towel and gently wipe the contacts on the back of the cartridge (not the bottom from where ink is present). Wipe the contacts inside the printer (on cartridge carrier). Install the cartridges. Try to print.

If this does not resolve the issue, please begin by disconnecting the power supply from the wall (not the back of the printer) for at least "30 seconds." Then plug the printer back in and follow these steps:

Self-Test:

1. Turn the power to the printer "off."
2. Press and hold the "Paper Feed" button.
3. Press the "Power" button once while continuing to hold the "Paper Feed" button.
4. Keep holding the "Paper Feed" button until one sheet is cycled through.
5. The test is continuous.

The self-test should at least print out a set of either a solid black or solid color bars, if not both. Should this test fail, try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any cartridges installed, run the self-test again with only a color cartridge installed. (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the black cartridge installed.)

If the self-test prints, but has lines or smudges or other print quality issues it is problems with your black or color based in the printer, or communications with your computer, or the computer's software. If the self-test prints your test bars clearly, the printer hardware is not at fault. The issue may be a communication problem, or perhaps a software conflict.

coordinated tie

• View Profile
Re: Replace or Refill?
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 09:40:05 PM »
Refilling inkjet cartridges is not always an easy process. It can be very messy, in fact, and may not be worth the cost savings if you wind up ruining your nice white dress shirt. Make sure to cover your work surface with newspapers to prevent staining. Avoid overfilling, because getting ink on the printer's circuitry can interfere with the operation of the electronics and void a printer's warranty.

Some cartridges require cracking open the sealed lid or drilling through the cartridge top in order to inject ink. This is not a difficult task, but you do have to be careful not to damage the print cartridge while refilling it. Wear latex/rubber gloves, because it's almost impossible to avoid getting a little ink on your fingers.

Are you somewhat implying that the problems the other OP had with his printer were result of improper refilling of the cartridges?
MY WAY OR

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • You know who is a Blackstar? Who? Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 08:37:55 PM »
http://www.openoffice.org/

Works just like MS Office, but its FREE.
But when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out, in!