Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SLU, anyone?  (Read 18284 times)

regional

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SLU, anyone?
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 11:23:48 AM »
Don't forget the Coronado is connected to two other buildings, Lindell Towers East and West, which, in my opinion, are just as nice and just as close but for slightly cheaper.  Those are the buildings I've "applied" to.  Something to consider.  See you guys in the fall.

WKRUSE

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
I grew up in the STL.  For my money, it didn't get any better than CLayton/U city.  It is close to everything and the neighborhood is great.  Good bars, great cafes, etc.  It's only about a 10-12 minute commute to SLU from there.

WKRUSE

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 11:43:37 AM »
I almost forgot, if you are using rent.net or realtor.com, etc, the zip you should start with is 63105.  Apartment Exchange is a great rental company too.  I used them in undergrad.  So was personalized porperty management inc.

chvti

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 03:10:23 PM »
To Regional:

Do you have Lindell Towers East and West's contact information? How much cheaper comparing to Coronado? How long does it take to walk to law school from there? Thanks.

MusicMan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 03:58:33 PM »
I just applied to SLU today!!  I guess I'm a little late.  Can any one say donation?

regional

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 04:04:24 PM »
Lindell is literally across the street.  Maybe even too close.  Try this: http://www.apartments-stlouis.com/list.html.  That should help.

chvti

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 04:49:51 PM »
Cool. Thanks! Seems like Lindwell Tower West is the cheapest and closest to the law school.

Stirnaman03

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 07:10:18 PM »
That apartments website, relating to FrontdoorSTL, is a great resource.  Thanks for posting that.  I'm still interested if anyone has comments about the housing offered by SLU.  This seems to be mostly incoming students so nobody probably has any thoughts, but if you do, please comment.

Karen

befuddled

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 02:21:15 PM »
The Coronado / Lindell is directly across the street from the School of Law, but when I was visiting, I was expressly warned by law students to avoid living there.  While they had a long list of complaints as to why it was a bad choice, the foremost was that it's not a law school building, meaning that you have students from all other disciplines who are not going to be sympathetic to the need for quiet, etc.  Another big complaint was that the building was run down and that the management took their time to repair things.  One couple I spoke to told me about how they spent their Christmas break with no heat.

The good news is that St. Louis has any number of options in the outlying areas.  University City is a great bet, as is Soulard.  Clayton can be a bit on the expensive side, but there are great deals for some amazing apartments and houses in the area if you keep your eyes peeled.  I am in the process of closing on a house in the Webster Groves area, which is no more than a 15-minute drive to downtown, and which boasts a cute little community that's quiet and close to all the action.

chvti

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 05:34:55 PM »
Befuddled:

Are there any other apt. near by the law school? I won't have a car, so it's better if it's within walking distance. I will fly there, is there any bus/shuttle to SLU? Thanks.