Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Applying to several schools?  (Read 617 times)

QUAKER OATS

Applying to several schools?
« on: February 13, 2006, 08:18:06 PM »
Who's applying to several schools for transfer.  I'm ranked in Top 15% (est.) at a T4 and really want to move up in the rankings (don't really like my school either).

Can you use LSDAS for disburse rec letters/transcripts etc.  It seems kind of weird asking profs to send out 5-6 letters of rec.

Anyone else thinking of this?

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Applying to several schools?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 09:18:43 PM »
I am applying to 5 schools.  Unlike the first time around there are not countless books to guide you through the process. I have been meaning to call the schools & ask. 

I beleive you can use LSDAS & I think it is the only way to get prof's to do it w/out hating me.  I am assuming we are going to have to register & possibly pay to use it though b/c I know mine expired. 

HandsBurdenTest

• View Profile
Re: Applying to several schools?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 11:46:05 PM »
Learned Hand (do you like my name too?)

I am in a similar situation
T4, top 10%, applying out.
I have looked at at least ten schools and everyone one of those schools uses LSDAS again.
Which means they willget a transcript from your current law school sent there and presumably the letter of rec.
However, some schools require a letter of good standing from the dean, i would imagine you can send that straight to the schools you are applying too. 
Then fill out the app online and the supplemental app that most schools have you apply too (found on their website).

Hope some of this helped... I decided to reply to you because we are doing similar things and this is a WHOLE NEW process.
good luck