Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Employment Discrmination Supplements  (Read 592 times)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Employment Discrmination Supplements
« on: February 12, 2006, 01:40:25 AM »
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Employment Discrmination Supplements
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:43:49 AM »
The Lexis Understanding series has one. Because those books are not keyed to a case book, you have to sift through it and read several different sections each time that you are trying to understand more about a concept. So far I like it and I like that series overall. I don't know about the other supplements available for employment discrimination. You might want to go to websites that sell the different major supplements and check those out also.

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 09:20:43 PM »
Thanks!  We are using a brand new casebook w/ no canned briefs keyed to it yet.  The reading is dense (lots of stats) & the Prof. is not as clear as I had hoped.  I just bought the book you mentioned & I am hoping it helps.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 09:50:53 PM »
Hey Melinda

Someone who took the course w/the same teacher told me to use the Roadmaps series. I understand it is out of print but I ordered one from Amazon. I haven't read it yet, so I can't vouch for it, but thought I'd throw the idea out there.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 05:43:21 PM »
Thanks DB
Let me know if you like it.  I am feeling a little fuzzy on some of the issues in that class.