Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it possible to sue EBAY????  (Read 2818 times)

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is it possible to sue EBAY????
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 04:05:19 PM »
how can i get the company info from westlaw? look at the counsel's names?

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 04:12:19 PM »
HELLO...Do I look stupid or something!!!

EBAY HEADQUARTERS ARE IN SAN JOSE!!!

E Bay Inc
2145 Hamilton Ave
San Jose, CA
(408) 558-7400

They messed up traffic on Hamilton every morning with I was trying to get to the 280...And there were always 12 employees in line at Starbucks slowing me down..

catamount6178

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 04:13:37 PM »
I've never used Westlaw- I don't start law school until this fall. However, I can tell you that there has got to be a way to contact a human in the company by phone. Also, for Gods sake, please get some advice from other people than the users of this forum. If I had a problem like yours, the last place I would go for help is a discussion board for students.
Are your maladjusted, antisocial tendencies a product of your berserk pituitary gland?

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »
actually, this site has helped me out with other problems. the people on here are great brainstormer and while they might not solve the problems, they lead me in the right direction.

i found the names of some attys. for ebay. should i call and ask to speak with them?

catamount6178

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2006, 04:16:02 PM »
And use your manipulative phone skills (do they teach you that in law school? I already have them) to get the representative on the other end of the line to get you to a person that can make decisions.
Are your maladjusted, antisocial tendencies a product of your berserk pituitary gland?

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 04:25:53 PM »
i am a master phone manipulator. they automatically transfer to the this customer service abyss. i have found the name of ONE person, but i got their voice mail. i left a message, but ill pay everyone on here $100.00 if they call me back. i challenge anyone to try and talk to a person there.

celarkobri

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
Have you talked to people on the ebay boards? It's more likely some of them have had trouble with ebay.

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »
i went to

www.ihateebay.com

this is a really rotten company. there are a number of complaints similar to mine. there was one guy who made his who living off of car dealing on ebay and they threw him off b/c he made a mistake with a VIN number. His whole business is gone now. Ebay deprives their customers of any due process. you are convicted without a reasonable investigation. i hope rot in hell!!

BTW: still no response WHATSOEVER from them.

eray01

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2006, 03:45:18 PM »
The ebay user agreement page has the following text at the bottom:

You may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.

The user agreement also sets forth the choice of law requirements, and arbitration option. Those things aren't really pertinent yet, but are interesting anyway (in a law geek kind of way).

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html?ssPageName=f:f:US

ALIBABA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »
Ebay deprives their customers of any due process. you are convicted without a reasonable investigation. i hope rot in hell!!

I sympathize, bc I hate ebay for other reasons, but the CivPro-freak in me has to say that due process arguments won't work because Ebay is not a state actor.

Sorry - I'll go hang my nerdy head in shame now.