School Specific Boards > Northwestern U

Where to live?

(1/2) > >>

Maclock:
X

celarkobri:
http://student-space.com/Northwestern/home_law.php
is the place where a lot of students go to find their apartment. If you're going to admitted students weekend, they usually do tours of the larger buildings- Onterie and McClurg. You're not going to find a steal in Gold Coast, but those two are affordable, although you're looking at studios and small 1 bedrooms.

I live about 30 min. away by the NU shuttle and i have about twice as much space in my 2bdrm for the same price.

Maclock:
X

ALIBABA:
As someone who used to live in Chicago, I think you're expectations are VERY high (although you did not mention what your budget was for rent).  It is virtually impossible to find a reasonably-priced place (i.e., something that even my husband, who works, and I could live in and pay for) with a w/d in-unit.  If you have one in the building, that's pretty good.  That might be one thing you'll have to give up for location.  Northwestern Law could not be in a more awesome part of Chicago, so you're going to end up paying a lot more if you want to live within walking distance. 

celarkobri:
My friends live in 420 E. Ohio and they have a w/d in unit. but they're also paying about $1400 for a 900 sq ft 1 bedroom. Most single people pay around 900 to live near campus, but you won't have a w/d in unit.

all of the high rises around campus have dishwashers but none of them have pools that i know of. You've got your choice of about 5 different gyms within walking distance of school if you want a pool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version