Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bottom T-1 school, Where do I go from here?  (Read 1617 times)

ConLawBlows

Bottom T-1 school, Where do I go from here?
« on: February 06, 2006, 08:01:49 PM »
Want to transfer up from low end of T-1 (45-50 range), 3.44, top 20%, anyone have any suggestions?

duckasourus

• View Profile
Re: Bottom T-1 school, Where do I go from here?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 06:49:22 PM »
what part of the country are u in?  I would go to the best school  you can get into of the state/city where you want to practice.  In cali I would say UCLA.

ConLawBlows

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
I'm really open to anywhere right now.  I would like to end up in Cali, DC, Florida, Atlanta, or Chicago.

I am considering G-Town, but not sure what kind of odds I have.  Everyone on lsd says undergrad grades and LSAT aren't as important as law school grades.  I screwed up undergrad with a 2.98 overall, and got a 162 on my LSAT.

lalala

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 09:39:50 PM »
i guess the other question, besides where you want to end up, is why you want to leave your current school.  is it job opportunities?  geography?  the atmosphere?

ConLawBlows

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 10:51:58 PM »
I enjoy my school, I enjoy my friends, but the job prospects appear to be rather regional, and I am not 100% sold on my school's career services office.  I also would not be happy with myself down the road if I have any "what if's" in my life.  So I have to at least try to get into the best school that I possibly can.

ConLawBlows

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »
d**mn, you figured me out.  I actually do enjoy Con Law.  I just have a difficult time paying attention while we digress off into one of Kermit's various tangential asides. 

As you probably know, since you know me, my ultimate goal is to get to a warmer climate.  So, that is the main objective of my reason for transferring.  My main concerns are not completely with the CSO, but they did sell me on an idea when I applied that I am not completely satisfied with. 

As far as 1L jobs, my resume is fairly strong, and I applied pretty much everywhere, I know 1L positions are difficut to find, and I am not sure about your situation, but I do not have any connections in the legal community, so I am just waiting for a positive reply, which I have not gotten in a while.  The transfer would have nothing to do with 1L placement obviously, nor would it have much to do with a 2L placement, but for my own personal long term goals, I think it would be beneficial.

Good luck staying awake with Kermit/The meditating Shaolin Monk (Just kidding, he is a great prof that I have a ton of respect for because he LOVES his job!)

AmericanConsumer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 08:44:38 PM »
You two sound like you're at Case.