Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: transfer from T2 PT program to FT ???  (Read 982 times)

stunner

• View Profile
    • Email
transfer from T2 PT program to FT ???
« on: February 05, 2006, 12:38:30 PM »
just found out my class rank from my T2 PT program is about 10-12% (class has approx. 60 students)

i plan on switching to FT at my school and taking summer class to catch up anyway, but if possible id like to transfer to a T30 school in a different market - will they look down on my PT status as a transfer applicant (even if i tell them id be caught up by the time i started at their school)?

anyone have experience with this?

unlvsin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: transfer from T2 PT program to FT ???
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 10:16:47 PM »
I think most schools have a minimum units requirement to transfer.  i.e. 2 semesters at ABA school, minimum 24 units or so.  Part-time = 9 units per semester?  I don't think they accept part-time transfers... but who knows, go to their website and check. 

Brisco

• View Profile
Re: transfer from T2 PT program to FT ???
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »
I don't understand how you're taking 12 credits, that doesn't sound like a part time program. Anyways you'd have to check whatever school you're looking at to see what their minimum transfer credit hours are.

In general I've seen schools only refer to minimum/maximum credit hours for transfer applications not whether or not the person is a PT/FT. I'm pretty sure if you have the required credits that it doesn't matter what your school calls you.

For the OP; you need to apply around June so if you don't have the minimum credits on your transcript by then I don't think a school will consider you since they have to compare your GPA to other transfer applications. You could always transfer to a PT program at one of those schools, though I don't think it would be worth it if you are already in the market where you want to practice.