Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My Savior Duckasouras  (Read 10680 times)

aloha737pilot

• View Profile
Re: My Savior Duckasouras
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2006, 05:58:14 AM »
Oh, boy, you kids have been busy while I was away. Mouth, I mean Voice of Reason, let me answer you first. I wish you had been more of an adversary, but you are right we are not in the same league, regrettably. I didn't look at our adversarial relationship as competition, but as more of a test of our skills of argument. The system of justice in the US is an adversarial system, is it not? How better to advance your skills than to engage in a healthy argument that is guided by decorum and proper English. A little friendly banter never hurt anyone. I can understand now why some of you visitors to the Distance Learning Law School Board have chosen to make the personal attacks that you have. I really do believe that you feel I have attacked your dimwit little brother Duckasouras. He is one of you isn't he? I didn't mean to pick on the lowest common denominator of your group. It still pains me that I have to go back to picking on him, because he is not much of an intellectual challenge. It is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed man. All that aside, the only other explanation for you getting so upset with me is that, and I am talking to you, Voice, I have evoked a stimulus in your seldom used and most likely atrophied "fight or flight instinct." It feels funny in your stomach when you haven't felt it in such a long time, maybe since childhood, huh, Voice? Well the usual reaction is to repeat yourself a lot and to start to use profanity when you can't think of anything else to say. It is understandable when your physiology is not used to handling that feeling very often. It troubles me to think that the other symptoms of the infrequent "fight or flight" feeling is that you get a lump in your throat and your eyes well up with tears. This would not be a good thing for a lawyer to experience in court up against another lawyer who is a worthy adversary.

SDLaw, I told you to go to your room, no one is interested in what you have to say.

Duckasouras, jeeze buddy, I could have sold you a flight simulator. I hope you didn't pay too much. I got mine from a garage sale and boy did it help me out. By the way, weren't you in the movie, "The Ringer". "Hi, my name is Duckasouras, I like Apples."

Lipper, you are the man of the evening. Except for your opening statement I believe everything else you have to say. Do you really believe I am ignorant and blind? I have great eyesight I assure you. The ignorance thing I will leave up to you to decide. You  make many valid points and I applaud you for acknowledging that an online law school may be able to get away with a decent legal writing course. It is apparent that we think so much alike that I don't want to argue with you. The law school experience is something that I wish I had decided on a long time ago. Before I retired from the Marine Corps I had just as much law school info in my bookcase as flight school brochures. Since I already had a pilotís license, I decided to go to finish all my commercial ratings. I was employable in six months. It would have been very rewarding, I'm sure, to have gone the other way to law school. It is not in my power now to drop everything to attend a brick and mortar law school full time. If only my local law school had a part time program. I would be all over that in a heart beat. I have made the decision, just like all of you, to pursue the study of law. My terms include doing it online, not quitting my job, and relishing in the fact that I will learn something that is considered a higher calling to many people, the law. Thank you for your time. Good night.

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2006, 08:18:11 AM »
good luck.
check the footnotes ya'll

duckasourus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 11:02:19 AM »
you claim I am soo dumb but the truth is I got in a REAL law school, something you could never do.  I will sleep good at night though because I know you will never pass the baby bar much less the real bar and therefore will never practice law.  I just pray your never my pilot because I dont think you could handle anything more than running out of peanuts.

voice of reason

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 11:31:22 AM »
I like the attempt to explain the fight or flight instinct.  Unfortunately, this response cannot be evoked by an online message board.  Much like the adequate learning of the law cannot be acquired online.  Yes, it is a strange and wondrous invention, but it has its limitations.  I know this is hard to comprehend, since the closest thing you had to a computer when you were young was a record player.

Anyway, I started out trying to reason with you, but it's like speaking to a brick wall.  Do you find it strange that you are 48 and on a message board, defending an online law school and making fun of the mentally disabled?  Go spend some time with your wife, if anyone was stupid enough to remain married to you.  Have fun wasting 4 years of your life.  When you get those pangs of regret, just remember all of your friends on the LSD message board.  Some were mean to you, but they were right.

aloha737pilot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2006, 03:36:25 PM »
Good morning all. Voice you are ever so disappointing. Your argument has petered out and you have left the game after more petty personal attacks. Good morning Duckasouras, would you like an apple? Thanks, Lipper, hopefully the next fours won't require the luck factor, but I'll take it when I can get it.

If anyone ever feels the need to come back to visit on the Distance Education Law School board, feel free. Please try to leave your personal attacks and blanket statements at the door.

voice of reason

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2006, 05:14:33 PM »
Hey, no problem, we can continue arguing in circles.  Doesn't it concern you at all that no one on this board supports your decision besides yourself and perhaps other distance education people?  Exactly how hard does logic have to slap you in the face before you take notice?  In a community full of intelligent law students, everyone believes you are making a poor choice.  Are you really so arrogant as to think that you are smarter or more capable than EVERYONE?

duckasourus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2006, 05:16:37 PM »
its ironic you try to call me retarted when in fact your doing the retarted thing by spending money on a fake law school.  Go have a midlife crisis somewhere other than law school, you mock all people who go to law school by claiming your better than us, and well I would love to see your 170 bc I smell some bull *&^%

Bobo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2006, 06:38:50 PM »
Why does everyone keep feeding this fire?  Isn't it evident that Aloha is a tool/troll and should be ignored?  I mean he says "Please try to leave your personal attacks and blanket statements at the door" after having made a couple personal attachks and blanket statements in that very same post.  Just ignore him and hopefully he will go the way of Chris Laurel (unless that is him reincarnated).

aloha737pilot

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2006, 05:24:41 AM »
Bobo, my young friend, you are correct in discouraging the previous posters, who I shall not name, so as to avoid encouraging a response. One of them correctly identifies the intention of the Distance Learning Law School Board, to encourage distance learning law students to support each other. This would tend to exclude any unwanted logic from unwelcome sources who know nothing of the motivations of distance learners. The other poster has obvious issues with not only gaining approval here, but gaining approval from outside this board. If you ever read any of Chris Laurel's posts, which I did, you would recognize his uncanny ability to piss anyone off with his relentless zealousness about the evils and deeply seated dark and foreboding side of law school. I can assure you I am not Chris Laurel. If you look at some of my responses to Chris Laurel, he pissed me off. And as you can already tell I have great patience for mindless blather, just not Chris Laurel's mindless blather. I think going to law school at a brick and mortar, ABA approved, Socratic Method teaching law school is great, just not for me. Go forth and seek legal enlightenment, and come back to visit this board when you have some genuine constructive criticism. I can take it, I promise.

Mesquite

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2006, 05:18:36 AM »
I have to agree with 737.  There is nothing wrong with an online JD. Not all of us can attend an brick and mortar school.

Regarding the employability of someone with an online or other non traditional legal education, there is one well known man who did quite well going the non traditional route:  Abraham Lincoln.  He studied on his own.