Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My Savior Duckasouras  (Read 10696 times)

duckasourus

• View Profile
Re: My Savior Duckasouras
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 04:23:52 PM »
\What I care about is that I have the knowledge and expertise to become an active member in my union and help to keep the corporate hatchet men from tearing our company apart like they recently have.

didnt ur company go BANKRUPT so u should stop talking

aloha737pilot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 04:46:30 PM »
I love this board. Who has the problem, Voice? Does it bother you that I mentioned to Duckasouras that I had a background that certainly didn't qualify me as "too dumb to get into an ABA approved school"? I pointed out a few things that might create an image in his mind that maybe he was wrong about what he said, nothing was meant as bragging. If you took it as bragging, then I should possibly reconsider next time I mention these things in this forum.

How do you read into my congratulations to you that I was demeaning your choice to attend a physical law school? My God, listen to yourself man. And you read into it that I thought online law school was the superior choice? You are now telling me that law school is not something you do for fun or mere knowledge or in your spare time. I am sure it isn't. I will tell you that it won't be in my spare time, it will take four years of every available minute I have to study. It won't be for fun either, I would rather be out surfing or doing other fun stuff. But if I so choose to do anything for the mere educational value, this is not alright with you? If I waste my time, and my hard earned educational benefits, this matters to you?

You may smell something, but it isn't coming from my post. If you can't believe that someone with a high LSAT isn't going to go to a regular law school, then believe what you want to believe. Nothing I can say will change your mind. By the way, it did take time and effort to get a good score, you are right about that. I was advised to take the test when I started looking into studying law. Did I say somewhere that I took the LSAT "cold"? Or are you just reading that in yourself?

You need to consider whether I have the problem or if you are bothered by me. If I bother you, then you have the problem not me. I don't care if you like me or not. Keep coming back here to chat, I don't mind.

I rest my case about Duckasouras based on the previous two posts. By the way Duckasouras, how did you know I am losing my hair? Are you watching me? Scary........

duckasourus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 05:01:50 PM »
you know u didnt get into a real law school, no one here believes a 170 lsat scorer would go to a fake law school.  We dont believe you so quit kidding yourself!  You are old, dumb, and really shouldn't be flying.  At least you told us which airline not to fly (by revealing just out of bankruptcy) I wont name it for fear of a libel suit but will not fly it for fear my life would be in your hands.

voice of reason

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 05:06:18 PM »
In all honesty, I really don't like you.  But it isn't just me-it's everyone on this board, no one is exactly jumping to your defense here.  Against that background, it seems that the problem lies with you.  

I never said that you actively demeaned my choice to attend a physical law school.  I was pointing out that your tone is arrogant, the main reason why people don't seem to like you here.

I did not "read in" that you took the LSAT cold and got a 170.  I anticipated the two arguments that you could set forth to defend your 170 and refuted them both.  
1. I did a ton of preptests, studied my ass off and got a 170.  Not likely, with a family and career.
2. I took it cold and got a 170 because I am brilliant.  Not bloody likely.

Thus I feel you are full of *&^%.  It seems you are the man with infinite resources.  You got all this time to take LSATS, have this INCREDIBLY PRESTIGIOUS flying career, have a family, and spend 4 years getting a law degree that you admit is not remotely close to a necessity.  And still have time to spend on this message board, interesting.

sdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 05:35:21 PM »
I so choose to do anything for the mere educational value, this is not alright with you? If I waste my time, and my hard earned educational benefits, this matters to you?

YES IT DOES, to take my profession so lightly insults me, it would be like saying video game players should be pilots because they spend hours playing flight simulator games.  I dont care if u waste your time and money becoming a fake lawyer but what I hate is when you would then try to call yourself a lawyer just as you would hate my 7 yr old cousin calling himself a pilot just bc he can on xbox.

aloha737pilot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »
Voice, I can see I am upsetting you so I will keep this one short before I go to work. I really thought you might have been a worthy adversary, but if you have to resort to "full of (doo doo)" comments to make your case, I'll have to go back to Duckasouras, as much as I would feel like I am picking on someone’s dimwit little brother.

The term you use to describe my career, "INCREDIBLY PRESTIGIOUS", again those are your words not mine. There may have been a time and day that this was true, but it wouldn't be nowadays. So many pilots are leaving this profession I could hardly call it incredibly anything other than unstable. I do have time to do lots of things. But right now I have to run off to work. I'll be back later tonight, so let's chat again. By the way, you certainly are spending an inordinate amount of time here also. Do I get to you that much? Keep the cards and letters coming.

voice of reason

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 06:11:27 PM »
Adversary?  You and I aren't in the same league, I'm certainly not competing against you in any way.  With your job going down the crapper and all, why don't you take your "170 LSAT" to a top law school and change careers.  Can't you think of a better mid-life crisis than online law school?  Go buy a Corvette or something.

sdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 06:28:07 PM »
by making a joke out of my profession you are talking to me.  You need to take your fake lsat score and go into bankrputcy with your career.  If I was your daughter I would be ashamed of you and your midlife crisis, but somehow I am guessing while you were "traveling" your wife found the ups man so I guess she isn't really your daughter.

duckasourus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 06:34:10 PM »
dont bother going to work aloha, I bought a flight simulator game for my computer with a joy stick so I can get that real world experience you talk about so in 40 minutes I will be a pilot. 

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2006, 08:24:14 PM »
im sure this has been said on this thread somewhere but -

HOLY SHEET ALOHA!! HOW ARE YOU SO IGNORANT AND BLIND?!?!?! if you go to an online law school you are cheating yourself out of a wonderful experience. The thing about law school is, it doesn't teach you how to BE a lawyer. It teaches you how to THINK like a lawyer. When you get out of school, then you learn the law. The law that we learn in law school is a generalized law, taken from all juridictions. The socratic method only reinforces this concept of thinking like a lawyer. By going to an online law school, you are robbing yourself of something valuable. what about oral arguments? Moot court? All things that are just not feasible with an online law school. By not participating in these, you are not only cheating yourself, but your prospective clients as well.

I'm sure this is hard to take, as i can tell from your demeanor on here, you think you know everything. But trust me, being a lawyer is more than being able to draft motions, complaints, answers, etc. Who cares if the format is correct(which is what we dont learn in law school), if the actual substance is a pile of cow dung. Further, law school also teaches how to build legal arguments, something that is begun by reading/briefing cases, but is mastered in the classroom.

I guess an online law school can get away with a decent legal writing course - as you could email your work, to get comments and a grade back - but beyond that, an online property or contracts course?? I dunno, i wouldn't want to work with anyone who hasn't gone through and completed what I've been through.
check the footnotes ya'll