Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Super Bowl predictions  (Read 864 times)

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Super Bowl predictions
« on: February 03, 2006, 02:28:09 PM »
Just want to get this in before I tune out for the weekend, seeing as how I'm one of only about five human beings outside the Pacific Northwest who think that the team with the best record in football is capable of winning one more game.

Seattle 31, Pittsburgh 24. 

a guy on the street that I gave change to yesterday also thinks Seattle will win.

sdlaw

• View Profile
Re: Super Bowl predictions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 01:01:13 PM »
id go get that change you gave to the homeless guy and give it to the reffs, pittsburg obviously paid the reffs enough but seattle forgot to

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 11:42:08 AM »
I don't think I have enough scrill to cover the amount that the refs were paid in that game.  Here's an excellent breakdown of the lousy officiating on FoxSports:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192
Just think - if Ben Ro was called for the same penalty for his tackle in the Colts playoff game as Hasselback was in the SuperBowl for his, then Colts would have had better field position and tied up the game.
I don't feel too embarrassed about my pick.  Most people had Pittsburgh, but I doubt anyone predicted "BenRo will throw two ITs and have his worst game ever, Seattle will outgain the Steelers with nearly 400 yards, and Pittsburgh will still win by double digits."

sdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 02:36:23 PM »
my biggest complaint other than the refs, was the lousy entertainment, the national anthem sounded like crap and had extra words, the half time show was outdated and sounded like an ashley simpson record, and the whole thing was kinda boring, maybe the nipple slip wasnt a bad thing lol

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 04:07:21 PM »
biggest complaint, other than the refs?
the entire Seattle defense disappearing from the field during that Willie Parker TD run.