Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Starting Rutgers Newark night program Sept. 06  (Read 11327 times)

jsh26

• View Profile
Re: Starting Rutgers Newark night program Sept. 06
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 01:12:43 PM »
Good luck!  I'm currently a 1L day student at Rutgers Newark and I'm sure you're going to love it.  Although the day and evening students don't get too many opportunities to interact in the first year, please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions, whether its about classes, Newark, the area, or anything else about school in general.  Rutgers Newark is a great school and I'm sure you're gonna love it.

Much appreciated; thanks.

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 01:25:07 PM »
Where do you live? Can you recommend good places around Newark? Or even ones with a 30 min commute?

I live in Hoboken, which is definitely not the cheapest place on earth, but its approximately 30 minutes away from Newark.  In terms of living in Newark, I hear that Society Hill area is pretty good.  You could look in Jersey City as well, but best to check with someone more familiar with the area to let you know which neighborhoods are OK and which are not.  I do know that the Newport area is nice - right on the water.  Also, Jersey City heights is nice. 

I did a lot of looking for apartments on craigslist - the NJ site.  You've got plenty of time to find a place to live so take your time looking around.  Good luck.

SaTaNBuGG

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 12:46:07 AM »
Ill be starting RU in the evening as well, tho I will not be working.  I am planning on stopping by the area to take a look around this weekend. Gonna try to get a head start on looking for some apts.

You excited!?

jsh26

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 03:40:06 PM »
Excited? Not quite sure that's the word for me since the workload's going to be pretty ridiculous, but I'm definitely looking forward to starting. Mostly so I can finish.

Evolve

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ekleveland@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kapuda
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 10:51:19 PM »
Hey all, just got admitted to Rutgers day program myself and I had a question for you. I've heard that Rutgers doesn't rank its students and was wondering how you thought this would affect its students abilities to compete for summer internships, for jobs post-graduation, or for transfer positions at other schools. I'm sure other people have talked/asked about this, but since I'm new to the accepted student realm here I'm pretty in the dark.

wtb13

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 08:34:47 AM »
Where do you live? Can you recommend good places around Newark? Or even ones with a 30 min commute?

There are a great deal of nice towns for you to live in outside of Newark, however you need to decide whether or not you will have a car.  If you will, then there are many nice small towns to live in like Rutherford, Lyndhurst, Nutley is okay, and a bunch more.  If not then you will need to take mass transit, Jersey City, Hoboken, Newark and some other towns that directly link to the train which is about 10 walking minutes from the campus.  Let me know some of your criteria and I can give you some suggestions as to appropriate places to live.

By the way, I will be starting Rutgers Law in August part time, however I grew up within 20 minutes of Newark and have been communting to the business school over the last 3 years so I know the routine pretty well by now. 

dustin44anderson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 08:58:21 AM »
If people don't mind, could you tell me your satistics to getting into Rutgers part-time or full-time program?

Thank you

simi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »
Hey I'll be in the night program this fall, too.  I'll be working full-time, and I'm pretty terrified about the schedule.  Hopefully, most of our classmates will be in the same boat, though! 

lavender

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »

hi, attending evening program in the fall. will be working part-time.

also, really?? rutgers doesn't rank their students??

wardwilliams

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »
they rank you as top 5% and then next 20% but that is the extent of it. at least at Rutgers-Camden