Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 675 times)

midwestern

• View Profile
Advice
« on: February 01, 2006, 05:05:49 PM »
Okay, so I know that this is the same question that everyone else is asking and I know that, in the end, it will all come down to a personal choice but here goes...

I finished Top 15% at a ~Top 20 school and I am curious if it would be worthwhile to try and move up in the proverbial world of law school rankings...or if it wouldn't be worth the time and effort (and hassle) that the whole process would entail...

Clearly, were not talking HYS but what about something like Penn, UVA, NYU or Michigan? At the end of the day, I would like to work for a firm in a large city (read NYC, Chicago or DC). I have a shot of finding that type of job with the school that I currently attend but I would imagine that opportunities would be more plentiful with other schools...

Clearly, this whole decision depends on maintaining grades this semester so let's just imagine, for argument's sake, that the world is perfect...

Thanks!

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 07:51:31 PM »
why the hell not apply to every school you want to transfer too. if you get in, WOOOO HOOO!! if not, ur still top 20% at a Top 20.
check the footnotes ya'll

midwestern

• View Profile
Re: Advice
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 07:54:51 PM »
agreed - I just wonder if there is potential backlash from the current school...I mean, that's basically saying, I don't want to be here but, if I don't get in anywhere else, I guess I'll stay...