Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Number 1 at T4: Where can I get in?  (Read 2008 times)

lawgirl21

• View Profile
Number 1 at T4: Where can I get in?
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:53:21 PM »
I just found out I'm #1 at a T4...  Wondering if I have a shot at some of the following schools: UConn, BU, BC, GULC .... 

I know there are a lot of these posts out there, but any feedback is appreciated!
GPA: 3.6
LSAT: 154, then 159

shamrock13

• View Profile
Re: Number 1 at T4: Where can I get in?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:09:59 PM »
I'm not sure which school you are attending, but as the top cookie you have a fighting chance at all of the above.

Fawn06

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 10:52:16 PM »
I don't understand why so many people post threads like this one...who truly knows where you can get in other than than the admissions committee???  From the posts I've read on here, most people don't really have a clue.  All you can do is apply--give it your best shot & hope that the admissions board finds favor with your app.  You can ask people's opinion all day long but what is that going to tell you???  You will never know unless you try...who cares what anyone else thinks.  Just do it...& best of luck!

QUAKER OATS

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 10:56:30 PM »
I don't understand why so many people post threads like this one...who truly knows where you can get in other than than the admissions committee???  From the posts I've read on here, most people don't really have a clue.  All you can do is apply--give it your best shot & hope that the admissions board finds favor with your app.  You can ask people's opinion all day long but what is that going to tell you???  You will never know unless you try...who cares what anyone else thinks.  Just do it...& best of luck!

Of course no one knows, the point of this board is to get people's advice.  Why the hell are you on this board if you don't beleive anyone's advice is pertinent?

S|

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 07:44:38 AM »
There is statistical data on the yahoo transfer group. Most of there people base their estimations on that, so not all comments are completely unfounded.

Fawn06

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 07:07:29 PM »

Of course no one knows, the point of this board is to get people's advice.  Why the hell are you on this board if you don't beleive anyone's advice is pertinent?
[/quote]

Wow...there really are stupid people on here.  I'm sorry I don't recall making a blanket statement that all of the advice given on this board was irrelevant...only that someone claiming to be #1 at a T4 is asking  "Duh...can I transfer to a better school?"  Give me a break...

QUAKER OATS

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 11:41:07 AM »
Of course she can get into a better school.  The OP was asking whether he/she could get into those specific schools she listed. 

lawsuperstar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 01:48:50 PM »
I got into both BU & BC as a transfer student last year, I was top 5% of my class from a T-4.  You have a great shot even if you have a lousy LSAT score because my personal opinion is that LSAT does not even matter for transfer applicants. 
Also, one common myth is that most schools only let in the number of transfer students as students leaving that school...at least for BC I spoke with the admissions office and they told me that  BC accepts as many applications as they feel would be successful students at BC.  Therefore it shouldn't really vary too much year by year if the number of applicants they let in doesn't reflect the number of students leaving.