Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Experience with Maynard Cooper?  (Read 848 times)

stuvxyz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Any Experience with Maynard Cooper?
« on: January 30, 2006, 01:24:22 PM »
Can anyone comment on this firm or the Birmingham area, and possibly give me some ammunition for an interview I have coming up? 

Thanks.

ApproachTheBench

• View Profile
Re: Any Experience with Maynard Cooper?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »
I don't know anything about that firm, but I can tell you that when I did a cost of living summary a couple years ago for places with a decent amount of law firms, that Birmingham's is great.

Something like $65,000 there = $160,000 in NYC.  I thought it sounded crazy, it's possible that my data sources were inaccurate.
Save time, save money, find a summer job at http://www.approachthebench.com

stuvxyz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any Experience with Maynard Cooper?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 09:09:48 PM »
I don't know anything about that firm, but I can tell you that when I did a cost of living summary a couple years ago for places with a decent amount of law firms, that Birmingham's is great.

Something like $65,000 there = $160,000 in NYC.  I thought it sounded crazy, it's possible that my data sources were inaccurate.

Yeah, I did a similar calculation with Manhattan.  If you are to own your residence, what $90,000/yr  buys in Bham (what Maynard starts at) would require $265,000/yr in Manhattan.

Really puts things into perspective.  Maynord is highly selective, and this is just a screening interview, so hopefully things will go well.  I have a couple of screening interviews next week, so hopefully I can "wow" (or woo) them all :-P