Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion

Author Topic: .....  (Read 739 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
« on: January 30, 2006, 12:51:46 PM »


  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 144
    • View Profile
Re: converting grades?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 02:29:40 PM »
I don't know how to answer the substance of your question, but I can tell you that easily your best bet is contacting directly the admissions offices of the law schools you will be applying too. Odds are that many of them have addressed similar situations in the past. Also, admissions people encourage applicants to include, if necessary, a letter explaining peculiarities in the record, such as a break during college, or a slip in grades. Your circumstances might necessitate that kind of an approach.

It would probably really help if you had your class rank or percentile from undergrad.


  • LSD Obsessed
  • *****
  • Posts: 6813
    • View Profile
Re: converting grades?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 04:59:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure a phone call or some searching on LSAC can answer this.  I'm fairly certain I remember some service or company that evaluates and estimates what your gpa would be for applicants coming from overseas that's not just for LLM candidates.  Head over to the prelaw board and ask or search the boards.  You might find something more specific.  (or just call lsac, of course)