Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T4 to T1??  (Read 3230 times)

S|

• View Profile
Re: T4 to T1??
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 08:46:58 AM »
That has to be the most baseless post I've seen on here for a while.

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 11:10:46 AM »

it is also a repost...i've read the exact thing around here before...

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 07:12:17 PM »

I think that guy, Chris Laurel and ApproachtheBench are all the same people. Is there some way that we can get a petition together to ban these people who are just doing nothing but pimping their own products on this board?

If I have to read one more of the ApproachtheBench's guy being like "I make 25K" last summer....I'm so wonderful.....I think I'll scream.

I bet that guy's not even in lawschool anymore.

hiccup

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 11:38:07 AM »
Transfering from a T4 to a T1 is definitely possible. Standing in the upper one-half of class is usually required for consideration. However, no credit is awarded for law school work completed with a grade lower than C or its equivalent. To transfer either half of a two-semester course, both semesters must have been completed with a grade of at least C.

newmommie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 11:22:02 PM »
Secondly, there has been some reluctance on the part of higher-ranked law schools to "cherry pick" the very best students at the end of the first year from lower-tier schools, especially neighboring law schools.

Exactly what I've heard! It's like taking the "crème de la crème" of the neighboring schools year after year, leaving the latter with their crap only!

duckasourus

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 07:01:36 PM »
why would the best law school worry about stealing the best students from the other law schools, that is the name of the game. Schools offer scholarships to attract/keep the best students and quite frankly are happy to steal the top students from other schools.  Look at any transfer requirements and you will see they want the top 15% or so not the middle.  t4 to t1 i think is a stretch but I would go as high as i could, and I would still try I doubt you have a chance but spend the 50 bucks if you get in its well worth it and if not oh well its 50 bucks

jd2b06

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 01:28:02 PM »
I'm at a T4, just got my final grades and ended up w/ a 3.2 on a forced curve of 2.33-2.67.  Any chance of moving up as high as T1? T2?

Thanks in advance for your input.

It honestly depends on your percentage in the class... Is that top 5-15?  Then maybe. 

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 04:55:40 PM »

I think that guy, Chris Laurel and ApproachtheBench are all the same people. Is there some way that we can get a petition together to ban these people who are just doing nothing but pimping their own products on this board?

If I have to read one more of the ApproachtheBench's guy being like "I make 25K" last summer....I'm so wonderful.....I think I'll scream.

I bet that guy's not even in lawschool anymore.

I know the Approach the Bench guy, Ted, and he's not the same person as Chris Laurel. He's in his last semester of law school. What Ted's trying to do is get law schools to purchase the software so individual end-users (students) don't have to pay each semester, and it would be something available through career services. That would be pretty bitching. I'll probably use it again next semester regardless and no, I don't get paid by him and yes, I paid for my subscription to his service before people jump down my throat again.

fab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 09:18:40 PM »
Sarcastic, new?!  ;D