Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Getting More Money...  (Read 658 times)

Mookie

• View Profile
Getting More Money...
« on: January 23, 2006, 10:40:04 PM »
I'd love to hear if anyone has some experience with this...

I'm at a T-4, and currently have a pretty decent scholarship.  But in my first semester, I got a 4.0, 3 top A's, and won a big oral advocacy competition at my school.

Here's my question:  I'd really like to get more scholarship $, and I'm wondering how realistic it is to go in and ask for it - and get it.  Though I had a very solid LSAT, transferring isn't an option (we picked this school because my wife has a killer job here.)  ANYWAY, do I bluff trying to transfer, or what?  Any suggestions????  Do I have a shot????

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
Re: Getting More Money...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 01:29:52 AM »
If you keep doing what you are doing, you will get a full ride for sure as long as I'm assuming you will be ranked close to the top of your class. But I can't see you getting it before the end of the Spring semester especially if your school is like my TTT where the first semester grades were soft. 

In the middle of the spring semester, you could probably apply for various merit scholarships.

Of course the only way to know for sure is to talk to your dean. Don't hold back and seek what you deserve. Just don't be rude about it with threatening of transfer or things like that. 

ApproachTheBench

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 11:02:19 AM »
Go talk to the Dean.  What do you have to lose?
Save time, save money, find a summer job at http://www.approachthebench.com

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 03:35:12 PM »
Send your transcript and resume to NALP firms and ask about 1L associates.  Do it right away.