Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring from an online law school to a B&M law school?  (Read 2300 times)

qaz

• View Profile
Transferring from an online law school to a B&M law school?
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:36:30 PM »
Does anyone know if its possible to transfer from an online law school to a brick and mortar law school? Especially after you have passed the baby bar in CA?

Bobo

• View Profile
Re: Transferring from an online law school to a B&M law school?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 10:07:07 PM »
This is from Whittier's Webpage

21. If I have attended a non-ABA law school, can I transfer to Whittier Law School with my credits?
The Law School will only accept transfer students from another ABA-accredited law school.

http://www.law.whittier.edu/admissions/admissions_faq.asp#nonaba

This is from Oklahoma City University:

If I am attending a law school that is not accredited by the American Bar Association, may I apply as a transfer student?

All current law students are welcome to apply to OCU LAW. However, it is very rare and only under highly exceptional circumstances that the Admissions Committee accepts students from non-ABA accredited law schools. Please contact an admissions counselor for more information.

http://www.okcu.edu/law/admissions/admissions_transfer.html#e

These are both T4 schools (and Whittier is on probation).  If they won't let you in with non-ABA credits, I don't think any school worth its salt will either.

Don't mean to drag you down, but that is what you are looking at.

Nontradstudent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 04:08:25 PM »
You would most likely be able to transfer from a DL school to another Cal Bar school.  There are plenty of them in CA. If you're in the bay area, check New College or The San Francisco Law School.   As the above post mentioned, you probably won't be able to transfer to an ABA school

sdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 03:42:11 PM »
no chance of getting in an aba, think of a new career

elemnopee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 11:23:23 PM »
or being a paralegal