Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it too late?  (Read 1161 times)

ICEolation

• View Profile
    • Email
Is it too late?
« on: January 22, 2006, 09:57:54 AM »
I did not apply to many firms over the Winter break and have not heard back yet from many of the firms where I did apply. I'm getting worried and was wondering if its too late to go back and send out the mass cover letters/resumes. Any thoughts?
"Goodwill is the monarch of this house."

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Is it too late?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 11:53:30 AM »
No, of course its not too late.  It seems that, aside from clerkships and some gov't jobs, the only people that really HAVE to apply/interview for winter break are those that want to work at home or outside the city/area where they go to school.  I'm in school in Atlanta, and the vast majority of firms/attys don't even want my resume until I have grades for them to look at (which will hopefully be next week).  All OCI, school job postings, and firms I've called or written want me to hold off until I can send at least a partial transcript.  I've been told by hiring coordinators that the usual practice is to pile up resumes until late Jan/early Feb and start looking through them once they have transcrips.

Is applying early a good idea?  Yes.  Are you screwed if you start now?  No, probably not.

ApproachTheBench

• View Profile
Re: Is it too late?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 10:59:48 AM »
I did not apply to many firms over the Winter break and have not heard back yet from many of the firms where I did apply. I'm getting worried and was wondering if its too late to go back and send out the mass cover letters/resumes. Any thoughts?

It's not too late at all, but you have to hurry!

I wrote approachthebench for situations just like this.  I'd apply everywhere I can if I were you.
Save time, save money, find a summer job at http://www.approachthebench.com