Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice on Study Aids/Hornbooks! PLease!  (Read 2706 times)

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
Re: Advice on Study Aids/Hornbooks! PLease!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 11:35:22 PM »
Don't use any, you are better off struggling through the cases.

lawisevil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 03:41:34 PM »
Only get a hornbook if you don't understand the law.

If you really don't know what is going on then a hornbook will help but otherwise it will confuse you and cause all kinds of trouble and waste a lot of time with fine points about the law you don't need to know.

What is most important is memorizing the black letter law before class so you know where the case fits.

I use this product. You can try it. www.romlawonline.com

Bronxbmbr5@aol.com

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 01:11:34 AM »
I think that anybody who talks about Torts without mentioning Prosser's treatise is doing you a disservice.  I read Prosser and got an A in torts.

Incidentally, if you live in Manhattan, I tutor 1Ls.  You can contact me at hamburgh@yu.edu.

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 08:37:36 PM »
I totally disagree. I did very well in Torts and hated Prosser's treatise. I consulted it about proximate cause and never touched it again. I used E&E and the CALI exercises. It's really all about what works for you, but I have hard time recommending Prosser as a 1L study aid.

Brisco

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »
Don't buy anything. Your library probably has commercial outlines on reserve, you're not going to need them day to day.

Hornbooks? Why in the world would you need to read a hornbook? I received an A+ (highest grade in class) in torts and did not buy any supplements. I read over gilberts and EE in the library the week before finals. I also did the CALI exercises.