Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Information, please  (Read 6471 times)

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
Information, please
« on: January 20, 2006, 02:24:30 PM »
I was recently accepted to Ohio Northern University Law School and was wondering if any current students or recent graduates could give me some information on the school.  I'm looking for information regarding apartments, professors, the area in general, etc.  I'm from Southern New Jersey, so I'm sure there will be a good degree of culture shock.

Also, what's the job picture look like out there?  My wife has her MBA and has been working for about two years in a voice broadcasting firm.  Are there a lot of jobs in the area for MBA's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

boohoo

• View Profile
Re: Information, please
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 02:57:44 PM »
I was also accepted to Ohio Northern and would be interested in some info as well!

2006hereitcomes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 11:53:24 PM »
Greetings,

First I suggest visiting that being said: Ada is a very small town, basically the schoo and one indsutry to my knowledge supports it. I thought it was in 1 word quaint. Lima is about 15 minutes away it has more industrym=, and in my opinion thriving. Housing on campus for law students only seems to be great. I spoke with alot of students and its about a split between opinions housing is very very cheap,but not much variety. Job prospects: top of your class big law is very real I know 2 examples personally other than that, it places well in small and medium firms and government. It is resepcted throught the region as corrobarated by unbiased personal friends.The facilitires are a mix very very nice and some needing reonvating, they are currently spending millions on the campus elsewhere. It is a gorgeous place. I would say if your at teh settling down point there really is not a better place. If you still need to do it all then it may not be your cup of tea. It is 2 hours drive of lots of places, columbus, toledo, cincinnati. For what its worth I met alot fo alumni from way outside the region partners, da's, they all spoke highly of it. I would love to talk more feel free to contact me. It was initally a passing thought. I was visiting case western and decided to check out onu what a great decision that was. THe biggest selling point was the people. I was in Ada and driving to lima to the hotel and a young women led us all the way there like a 10-15 minute drive. very nice. Like I said contact me if you want to hear more.

boohoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 11:29:35 AM »
Thanks so much for all the info, Im coming from DC, will I need a car in Ada, im sure I will will you be living on campus?

2006hereitcomes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:30:35 PM »
Yes yES,

I sent you a privte message respond, I would love to talk.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
ohio northern info please
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 01:13:35 AM »
id like some info regarding QUALITY OF LIFE...
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 12:42:19 AM »
since noone answered for me, ive completed a full semester here and can attest that the quality of life is horrendous.  there is no life outside f-in sorority chicks and gettin drunk.  its bad.  realy bad. but there are some really really hot girls...if thats ur thing, this seems to be the place. 
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus