Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone still post here?  (Read 2622 times)

armyflyboy

• View Profile
    • Email
Does anyone still post here?
« on: January 19, 2006, 08:14:51 AM »
I just happened upon this site...just wondering if anyone still posts here or not?  I am considering law school and would like to stay in TN.  Anyone with suggestions or knowledge of the law schools of TN would be great to hear from. 

I'm currently an Army Blackhawk helicopter pilot flying in Iraq.  I have my BS in Professional Aeronautics with a concentration in Management.  I'm not sure what law schools look for as far as specific degrees or concentrations.  I have a 3.59 GPA and have yet to take the LSAT; but I have taken similar tests through the military and have done fairly well.  I know NSL is non-aba accredited; but I've also read that Vandy is somewhat biased towards older applicants (I'm 34).  I also would like to avoid $150k in school dept as much as possible while still attending a school that would allow me to work as say a prosecutor in a major TN city.  I'm not out to make $100k a year but I don't want to be seen as someone who attended a sub-par school thus employers are hesitant in hiring me. 

I see most of the posts still on the site are a few months old; hopefully people still visit this site and can offer some advice.  I'm definitely interested in hearing from attorneys who have attended any school in TN and can expand on views of employers; both private firms as well as public positions working for say a district attorney.

Thanks.

Jim

NSL1L

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone still post here?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 09:38:02 PM »
Sorry for the delayed response.  There is now a site dedicated to just Nashville School of Law.  It's www.nightlaw.com.  I'm a 1st year student or a 1L and I love the school.  As far as jobs are concerned, several prominent attorneys around the state are NSL graduates as well as several judges.Good luck in your search, if you have any questions about the school you can talk to any of us there or the staff and I'm sure you'll get a straight answer.