Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My best friend got into a new law school after being kicked out of another one.  (Read 1221 times)

jd2b06

• View Profile
and he didn't put that he was kicked out of his former law school or that he even attended it on his new law school's application... I told him this could have serious consequences but he won't listen.  And as of a year now they still haven't caught on...

I told him he's seriously playing with fire but he still believes no one will find him out... help...

ae

• View Profile
I don't think mentioning the previous law school enrollment would necessarily prevent you from being admitted to the new law school. If it were a "delicate" crime that you have on your record and you do not mention, I can understand why you would do it, but this one?!

nate

• View Profile
the school might not find out, but the bar association will. i hear they've got quite the background-check/research abilities. whether it's true or not, i don't know, but i wouldn't  be messing around. why go through law school just to find out that you can't become a certified lawyer?
GW

plumbert

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
There is no question the bar investigators will uncover this. My guess is the new school, somewhere on its application, informed him he needed to list all schools attended, and somewhere else that failure to disclose all information would lead to some sort of punishment upon discovery. The bar investigators will not be kind, methinks. He should come clean now, while there is still time to iron this out.

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
Does he want to sit for the bar? If not, he'll probably be fine. If he wants to, it may come back to bite him in the arse, and he should work it out now before he potentially wastes a bunch of money.

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Who are these Bar Investigators?

Do we have former FBI and CIA profilers going around and digging up dirt?

There's no way they will find all those hookers I killed, right?
Air Force JAG Corps

PotKettleBlack

• View Profile
    • Email
I agree.  That reps from DePaul talked to us the first month and said if there was anything in our records we hadn't disclosed we should inform them immediately.  They suggested that they were considerably more forgiving than the Bar folks would be, and said that they background check the Bar conducts is among the most thorough of any profession that doesn't involve a security clearance.  Especially if he's doing well now, he'll likely find things will go considerably smoother if he comes clean.

Here's to hoping they don't conduct extensive interviews with your ex-girlfriends or high school and college buddies, or I could be in trouble. 

jd2b06

• View Profile
haha you guys are funny.   :D

qui tam

• View Profile
Who are these Bar Investigators?

Do we have former FBI and CIA profilers going around and digging up dirt?

There's no way they will find all those hookers I killed, right?

lol, COX, you're so funny ;)