Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notable alumni of lower-tier law schools?  (Read 6152 times)

fab

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Notable alumni of lower-tier law schools?
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2006, 09:11:16 PM »
Good work, antonino! :)

l l

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2006, 03:47:12 AM »

DePaul Law graduated both of the Mayor Daleys.

It took 8 f-ing years for the father to graduate and the son had to sit two times for the bar exam .. just that ya know, yanno ...

society

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2006, 03:51:51 AM »

It took 8 f**cking years for the father to graduate and the son had to sit two times for the bar exam .. just that ya know, yanno ...

Richard Daley is a f-ing piece of *&^% .. he supports gay marriage and rumors circulate that he's gay himself ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,111882,00.html

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2006, 08:36:13 AM »
"Benjamin Nathan Cardozo was a distinguished American jurist who is remembered not only for his landmark decisions on negligence but also his modesty, philosophy and writing style, which is considered exceptionally appealing and readable".

I like his Contracts opinions too.  The Allegheny College one was awesome.  That dude could write with a fluorish -- sometimes ridiculous, mostly very convincing and remarkable.

lol

justice wright, will you give us your opinion on why the alphabet is in that order?

Cardozo's opinion are definitely fun to read. Of the ones I've had in my casebooks, he reaches the logical result about 20% of the time. For instance, in Duff-Gordon, he sprinkles magical fairy dust and creates contractual terms out of thin air. Cardozo is credited to some extent with helping destroy contract law as we knew it, mostly by putting his own sense of equity ahead of logic. If I am to read poorly decided, but well written opinions, I would prefer if they were written by, say, Steven Wright. He is far more amusing.

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »
I'm too lazy to read the whole thread... did anyone mention Scott Boras? Agent to the superstar athelete and graduate of McGeorge...

NorthEast_1L

• www.jimwilsonlawblog.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2006, 03:41:08 PM »
Senators Joe Biden (Syracuse) and Rick Santorum (Penn State)
Jim

bossfan2

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2006, 04:28:34 PM »
Hey, Society: By "Richard Daley is a f**cking piece of *&^% .. he supports gay marriage and rumors circulate that he's gay himself ..." do you mean that not being a bigot equals being a piece of *&^%, or are the two points unrelated? 

I'm kind of new to this board, so maybe I missed a joke--I kind of doubt anyone could say something like that and be serious...

obb.

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2006, 06:25:46 AM »
well daley's wife is gonna f-in die pretty soon (the breast cancer she was diagnosed with 4 yrs. ago has metastasized .. mayor is gonna have a hell of gay time ..

capital one

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2006, 04:37:10 AM »
he's not openly gay to noy "@ # ! * i n g care" like you say ..