Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring from Catholic to another DC area school  (Read 774 times)

nihilistics

• View Profile
Transferring from Catholic to another DC area school
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:43:45 PM »
Hi,
I just got my first semester grades.  I don't know my ranking yet, but my gpa is a 2.96.  Does anybody know whether or not it would likely be fruitful to apply to transfer to American or UMD?  I'd also like to try for GULC, GW and GMU, but I doubt I would have a chance there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

nate

• View Profile
Re: Transferring from Catholic to another DC area school
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 04:56:40 PM »
Hi,
I just got my first semester grades.  I don't know my ranking yet, but my gpa is a 2.96.  Does anybody know whether or not it would likely be fruitful to apply to transfer to American or UMD?  I'd also like to try for GULC, GW and GMU, but I doubt I would have a chance there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i think you really need to know your rank. can't a 2.96 mean two very different things at two different schools?
GW

ae

• View Profile
Re: Transferring from Catholic to another DC area school
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 02:34:54 AM »
It is definitely possible if you "downgrade", I guess. That is if you go to a lower-tier law school. I'd tend to believe that a 2.96 of a GPA is not bad at all, but it won't put you in the pool of candidates likely to be able to transfer to a first-tier school. I think you might also have a shot at transferring to another 2-tier law school as well (especially if 2.96 translates to above top 50% in the class rank).