Law Students > Online Law Schools

How does This Work?

<< < (2/2)

Mesquite:
Or head of a federal agency such as the Office of Thrift Supervision

http://www.ots.treas.gov/docs/7/77183.html

"Mr. Gilleran graduated from Pace University in 1955, received a law degree from Northwestern California University in 1996 and is a member of the California Bar Association."

elemnopee:
or troll message boards

bennybm:
Doesn't look like he got the job because of his online law degree.

"Prior to becoming OTS director, Mr. Gilleran served as chief executive of the Bank of San Francisco from 1994 until it was sold to First Banks America Inc. in December 2000.

His previous regulatory experience includes serving as superintendent of the California State Banking Department from 1989 to 1994. He also served as Chairman of the Conference of State Bank Supervisors in 1993-94 and as a member of its Bankers Advisory Council until 2000. Mr. Gilleran, a certified public accountant, began his career in 1958 with the accounting firm of KPMG Peat Marwick and served as the firmís managing partner for Northern California from 1977 to 1987, as well as partner in charge of the western region banking practice."

Mesquite:

--- Quote from: bennybm on March 10, 2006, 11:14:58 AM ---Doesn't look like he got the job because of his online law degree.

--- End quote ---

And Bill Clinton didn't get his job as President because of his Yale law degree. It was a combination of factors, but the I'm sure the degree helped.

If I were 22 and just out of undergraduate school, I wouldn't consider an online law degree.  I would go to the best ABA accredited school I could get into. 

If I were doing a DL law degree and interested in joining a big law firm, I would go to several firms beforehand and ask them if they would hire someone with an online degree.  If the answers were "Not only no, but H$%# no," I would forget the whole thing. 

elemnopee:
Comparing Yale to a DL law school, that's funny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version