Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSD Reputation points?  (Read 1285 times)

jd2b06

• View Profile
LSD Reputation points?
« on: January 17, 2006, 11:00:39 PM »
Ok what's up with the reputation points next to your username everytime you post?  I've seen people with -23.... How does this happen..?  I so far have a 0 reputation... not sure if I should be happy or sad. 

S|

• View Profile
Re: LSD Reputation points?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 11:17:24 PM »
Better?

jd2b06

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:24:16 PM »
Oh wow!  How'd ya do that?   ;D

nate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 12:00:38 AM »
make about, i'd say, 29 more posts and you'll probably figure it out...but i'm just throwing a random number out there.
GW

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 12:18:38 AM »
A long time ago, in what I will refer to the "Downy" period, there were rival groups and/or people which went crazy like hell trying to defame one another. That's why you see some people with -23. After a while, that got really old and several veteran members dropped off or just stopped defaming people for no real reason. 

But really, it's no big deal. It's an experiment by Andrew to see if it's worth implementing on the pre-law side.

And what Nate said above, you got 29 more posts to go and you'll figure it out. 

nate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 12:27:19 AM »
zemog, when would you say the "downy" period ended? i was a lurker for a long time when he and his cohorts were here, but then all of a sudden they seem to be gone. any idea?

and has downy himself shown his face around here recently?
GW

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 12:44:46 AM »
It's been a while and I'm not 100% sure when people started dropping off.  If I'd have to guess, I'd say once school started for everyone at that time, Fall 2004, people started dropping off either that semester or the next, Spring 2005. I'm guessing the reason is either school got in the way or after a while, message boards get kind of old. 

If you look at Downy's profile, he logged in last on September 14, 2005, Fall 2005, so I guess he's still around.  But i'd have to say it was way earlier than that, when the bulk of the cat fighting came to quick death. 

I noticed you are at Michigan?  If I remember correctly, I thought that is where Downy is?

nate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 01:14:18 AM »
It's been a while and I'm not 100% sure when people started dropping off.  If I'd have to guess, I'd say once school started for everyone at that time, Fall 2004, people started dropping off either that semester or the next, Spring 2005. I'm guessing the reason is either school got in the way or after a while, message boards get kind of old. 

If you look at Downy's profile, he logged in last on September 14, 2005, Fall 2005, so I guess he's still around.  But i'd have to say it was way earlier than that, when the bulk of the cat fighting came to quick death. 

I noticed you are at Michigan?  If I remember correctly, I thought that is where Downy is?

wow. good info. i love talking to those that know the history of this board.

actually, i'm not at michigan. i attended undergrad at michigan state. now i'm a 1L at GW.

and if i remember correctly, downy was at minnesota. i believe that's what he said on a few of his posts.
GW

jd2b06

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 01:28:08 AM »
grr you guys aren't helping !   >:( :D

nate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 01:47:13 AM »
well, look at it this way JD...give it maybe 28 more posts and you'll understand everything  ;)
GW