Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of H Starting Fall 2006  (Read 3905 times)

margee

U of H Starting Fall 2006
« on: January 11, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
I've just been admitted to UofH for fall 2006, and I thought I would take the opportunity to start a thread on this side of the board for all those who will be attending (or who are at least admitted and strongly considering it)

Let the conversation begin! (or not, as the fates may play it)

shanmac00

• View Profile
Re: U of H Starting Fall 2006
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »
Margee-
Congrats on getting accepted.  What did you status say as of the update yesterday (1/9)?  Mine has remained "file in review", and I don't know what to think of these "technical difficulties" they have been having!

shanmac00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 02:34:33 PM »
Did you receive an email before getting the letter?

amykat22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »
Hi!

I might be attending, but I really do not want to move to Houston, so I'm not exactly sure.

Amy

uhoustonlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:52:37 PM »
I was accepted to UH's part-time program and will begin on May 29.  I applied to part time because I needed to go to school in Houston for different reasons and I wanted to do whatever necessary to get in at UH (instead of settling for STCL).  Although part-time has been slightly easier to get into in past years, they recently released the numbers and last year's class was equally difficult to get into compared to full-time (3.37/161 PT, 3.49/160 FT).  This kind of makes me wish that I had applied to full-time (you have to choose one), however I am pleased with my current situation because I will be able to ease into rigors of law school. 

If anyone notices that their status has changed to "decision mailed" but they havn't rec'd an email, don't get too worried because I rec'd my letter and email on the same afternoon.  I thought for sure I was rejected so it was a nice suprise to open the letter and then get an email 15 minutes after the letter.